8- the journey continues!

(you all chose: take him with you!)

"screw it." you grumbled, shaking any remaining popcorn puffs out of your grey jacket. "ill take him with me, but you got to promise me one thing."

Death 13 tilted his head. "oh-ho? what might that be?"

"if you know anything, have any important information, or any alternate motives, i need to know. i dont care what they are or how irrelevant it seems. you need to tell me, or else ill boot you and your master off this little trip. capiche?"

the stand nodded, clapping its hands together excitedly.  "yes, of course! but now i must ask one thing of you, my friend!"

"no." you answered, not waiting to hear him. "im taking you and your master on my trip. you arent allowed to ask for anything more."

he sighed, snapping his fingers and summoning a canned coffee into his hand. immediately, you began to drool, your fingers weakly reaching out to the caffeinated drink. he pulled it away from your reach, wiggling his finger in denial ."nuh-uh~! you have to hear me out on my condition!"

saliva dribbled out of your mouth as you stared at the coffee can desperately, minutes away from going feral and snatching it from his hands. "wh..what is it..?"

"i only ask that you get my master a new change of clothes. he's practically wearing nothing but stained rags at this point."

"deal! now, gimme-gimme!"

you made a grabbing motion towards the coffee as you stood on your tiptoes in attempt to reach the coffee that Death 13 held right above you, foaming at the mouth from excitement. sighing, it dropped the drink directly into your hands, excited giggles bubbling from your mouth as you popped open the can and downed the drink in one gulp.

the stand stared at you in horror as you crushed the empty can in your hand and threw it towards a trash can, your weight shifting from foot to foot as the sugar high slowly set into your brain.  "hee-hee~! thank you, 13!"

Death 13 looked at you with a concerned expression, "should-should i have not done that? was i not supposed to give you coffee?"

"ahah, i can see everything..."

stars flew in front of your face, making your eyes grow wide with wonder, your hands stupidly coming up to grasp something that wasnt there. it was as if you hadn't a brain level higher than a toddler.

the stand flew over to your side, grasping your shoulders firmly to keep you in balance. "are.... you high? do you get high off of coffee?"

"no clue~! heehee!" you snorted, twisting in a circle and out of the clowns grasp, only to fall to the floor laughing. "for some reason, coffee, specifically cheap or canned coffee, always makes me feel super happy and giddy inside!"

"im just- im just going to let you wake up now. im not sure if you'll still be... like this, but at least you'll have time to sober up i guess."

with a snap of his golden fingers, Death 13 launched you back into consciousness, your head snapping up and instantly being met with a wave of water. you coughed and choked, confused and disoriented from the coffee high.

n'doul pulled away from your face, almost laughing at you immediately plunging your head into his as you sat up abruptly. caesar worriedly flew over to you, attempting to clean the water off your face, only to have his hand faze through your head, leaving you to be drenched.

hol horse snorted, covering his mouth with his hands to stifle his laughter. annoyed, caesar gave him the middle finger after pulling his hand out of your head, a spark of electricity snapping towards the cowboy and making him shriek.