"Be careful, okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of," Allison warned.

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him. Looked kinda scrawny," Diego argued.

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers," Allison responded. "I mean, look at them,"

Allison looked back at Five and I.

"Thanks," I muttered, rolling my eyes. 

"Good point. So what's this guy want with Vanya?" Diego asked, walking up the front step.

"How about we ask him after we kill him?" Five asked.

"Whoa, whoa. Hey, look, I'm gonna burst through-," Diego stopped talking as he noticed Five wasn't listening.

"You know what? It would be nice for people to just stick to-," Diego paused as Five disappeared.

"The plan," he finished.

I walked up the steps behind Diego and looked at the door. I jiggled the door handle but it wouldn't budge.

"Locked," I informed.

Diego stepped back before running at the door and breaking through the glass. He grunted as he hit the floor in a pile of glass.

"You know I could've just done this," I smirked while putting my hand out.

The door unlocked and swung open, allowing for me to walk in.

"Yeah, well, my way works just fine," Diego grunted as he got up. "Spread out. Yell if you, uh- you know, you're in trouble,"

Allison and Five walked up from behind the man.

"Ah, inspiring leadership," Five smirked.

"One of the greats," I smiled, walking up the stairs.

I checked each and every of the rooms but found nothing that seemed suspicious. As I was about to head back downstairs, I spotted a trapdoor on the roof above me. I jumped up and tried to reach the string but to no avail.

My shoulder seared with pain as I moved it around while jumping.

"Fucking shoulder," I muttered.

I flicked my hand at the door and it came crashing down before me. I climbed up the ladder that had come down with it and my eyes widened.

The room was full of old picture of us. Of The Umbrella Academy. The pictures were defaced, though. The eyes scratched out, the faces burnt off.

"Holy shit," I muttered in fear.

"Hey, guys! Come here- I- I found something!" I stammered, looking around at the room before me.

Footsteps sounded from below me and Allison, Five and Diego clambered into the room.

"Oh my god... All of our faces are burnt off," Allison observed.

Diego looked towards the action figures she was staring at and shook his head.

"This guys got some serious issues," he muttered.

"Shit," Five, Diego, and I all mumbled.

"This was never about Vanya. This was about us," Allison said, turning to look at us.

My shoulder burned with more pain. I looked down at my blazer and noticed that it had started to turn black due to the blood.

My head started to spin and I wondered briefly if I was going to lose my lunch. Before that could happen however, I lost my balance and fell to the ground.

"Keely! Wh- blood," Allison stammered, kneeling down beside me.

Fives eyes were filled with concern. He was looking me over, trying to find the wound.

Allison patted me down and slipped off my blazer. She pulled up the sleeve of my t-shirt, exposing the bloody bullet wound.

"Jesus, Keely," Diego muttered, kneeling down beside me as well.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Five asked.

Even in my state I could tell that he was mad. But overall, he was worried.

I shook my head, trying to fight the urge to pass out right then and there.

"You have to keep going," I mumbled. "Don't worry about me,"

~

Allison and Diego carried me into the Academy, I was fazing in and out of consciousness on the way there, my shoulder getting worse as we went.

"We should have taken her to the hospital," Allison panicked.

I opened my eyes slightly and saw Five walking beside me quickly.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions," he replied.

"Yeah, well, so does the murder shrine in Harold Jenkins attic," Allison retorted.

Diego and Allison set me down on the couch and I groaned, feeling the pain in my shoulder more than ever.

"She's still losing a lot of blood. What do we do?" Allison asked in concern.

"We gotta get the shrapnel out," Five concluded.

There was a slight pause where Allison unbutton my shirt and slipped it off, allowing her to fully see my shoulder.

I opened my eyes slightly and saw Allison standing up and looking towards the stairs. Five was staring down at me still and Diego was nowhere in sight. I fought to stay awake, but, it overtook me and I faded back into unconsciousness.

~

Bright light shined into my room and onto my face, begging for me to get out of bed.

"No," I grumbled, rolling over onto my side.

I immediately regretted that as my shoulder seared with pain. It wasn't as painful as yesterday but I still shot up and held it tightly.

"Shit," I groaned, looking at the bandages that surrounded my entire shoulder.

"How's the arm?"

I turned to my left and saw Five sitting in an arm-chair, looking straight at me.

"Oh, yeah. Just dandy," I said sarcastically.

A slight breeze flowed in from the window and i shivered slightly. I looked down at myself and noticed that I was only wearing a bralette on my top half.

"Shit," I muttered, bringing the blanket up to cover me.

I looked over to Five and he smirked slightly. I rolled my eyes.

"Can you run to my dresser? Grab me something?" I pleaded.

"Well, I guess so," Five replied, getting up from his chair.

He walked across the room and opened my dresser, from inside of it he pulled out an oversized emerald green sweater. I recognized that sweater. He gave it to me for my 14th birthday.

He smiled and tossed the sweater over to the bed. I grabbed it and pulled it over my head.

"Thanks," I muttered.

Five walked around my bed and stood right next to me.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him. 

Five lifted my chin with his thumb and planted a soft kiss on my lips, making my stomach fill with butterflies.

"Woah, woah, woah, kids. It's breakfast time not kissy-time,"

Five turned away from me and looked at the doorway where Klaus was standing, holding a bell in hand.

"Need you both down in the kitchen," Klaus explained, pointing at us. "No dilly-dallying,"

Klaus sent me a wink before stepping out of the room and heading back downstairs.