Chapter 6

"Why are we here, Keely?" Five asked me as we stood outside of a closed department store.

"I need something new to wear. I'm not wearing this shitty uniform and this place is easy to steal from," I explained.

"Fine, but if you're not done in 10 minutes, I'm leaving you," Five muttered.

He grabbed ahold of my arm and we jumped into the store. I made my way to the clothes racks and dug through the large section before finding a sweater and jeans that would go together.

"I'm done. That wasn't even 5 mi-,"

"NO!" Five yelled.

I looked in the direction of the doors and saw two masked figures holding guns. Before I could think, Five had dove at me and tackled me around the waist.

"Shit!" I whispered.

Five blinked away quickly, splitting up from me to make it harder for these people to find us. I stayed crouched down in the aisle and tried to be as quiet as possible while still moving quickly.

I cut across into the aisle beside the one I was in but collided with something. I looked up and saw a large man with some kind of creepy kids mask on.

"Oh, fuck," I cursed.

I stumbled to my feet and lifted the mans gun in the air and slammed it into his head, knocking him down.

After running away from the fallen man, I heard more gun shots coming from across the store.

"Five?!" I yelled.

Five appeared seconds later right in front of me. I yelped with fear as Five grabbed my arm and we appeared at the front of the store.

"Is this Commission?" I whispered.

"Yup," Five replied.

"Shit," I mumbled.

The two masked figures were approaching us again. Five grabbed my arm and attempted to jump but failed.

"Why isn't it working?" I asked.

"I'm drained," he muttered.

A few seconds later we heard sirens outside of the store.

"Shit! The bastards must've jumped again," I heard a voice say.

"Cmon, let's get outta here," I heard a second voice say.

"Are you hurt?" Five asked while looking at me.

"I'm fine," I said quietly.

"We need to get back to the academy," Five said quietly.

"Can we jump there?" I asked.

"I don't think so," Five responded.

"Great," I muttered.

Five and I snuck out the back to avoid conflict with the police out front. Thankfully, the store wasn't far from the academy which meant for a walk just under 30 minutes.

Five said nothing as he pushed open the doors to academy. I followed him upstairs in silence.

"Five, Keely?"

I turned towards the voice and saw Allison and Luther.

"What the hell happened to you guys?" Allison asked.

"Are you two okay? Do you need help?" Luther said as he extended his hand to Five.

Five grabbed Luthers arm aggressively, stopping the man from touching him.

"There's nothing you can do, there's nothing any of you can do," Five grumbled.

I frowned at Five for a moment before grabbing ahold of his arm and leading him towards his room. He grunted slightly and took off his overcoat and sweater, revealing a large wound on his shoulder.

"Jesus, Five!" I cried.

"It's nothing," he grumbled.

"Bullshit!" I exclaimed.

I went to the nearest bathroom and found first-aid supplies.

I re-entered the room and started cleaning the wound. Every now and then Five would groan from the pain.

"There," I said as I wrapped his arm in a bandage.

"Thank you," Five said.

Five got re-dressed and looked over to me.

"Ready?" he asked.

"For what?" I asked.

"Just follow me," he said as he started for the window.

"Oh- okay?" I stuttered.

I followed Five out of the window and down a ladder where I saw Klaus talking to himself in a dumpster. Five looked over at him and paused for a second.

"I'd ask what you're up to Klaus, but then it occurred to me. I don't care," he said loudly.

"Well hey you two! You know there's easier ways out of the building right?" Klaus chuckled, looking over at us.

"This one involved the least amount of talking," Five said.

"Or so you thought," I laughed dropping down to the ground beside Five.

Klaus looked over at us and scrambled to the side of the dumpster.

"Hey, hey, hey, you need anymore company today? I could uh, clear my schedule," he told us.

"Keely's enough company thanks," Five spat.

"Yea, yea but, three's the magic number am I right?" Klaus said before falling over into the dumpster.

He came back up with half a bagel and took a bite out of it.

"Oh.. Klaus!" I gagged.

"Delicious!" Klaus said with his mouth full.

"I'm done funding your drug habit," Five stated blankly.

"Come on! You don't- Maybe I just wanna hangout with my favourite siblings!" Klaus said as Five and I were walking away.

Five led me to the end of the alley where a large van sat. He got into the drivers seat so I took that as my cue to get in.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see," Five responded.

We drove for a while and we pulled up in front of the clinic.

"Seriously, Five? I thought you gave up on the eye?" I groaned.

"Well, I didn't," Five responded.

We sat in silence for a few minutes when Five noticed something outside.

"There he is," Five said.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked.

"We wait, wait until he comes back out," Five said calmly.

"How long will that take?" I asked.

"Not sure," he responded.

"Well, I'm going to sleep then," I said while yawing.

"Fine by me," Five said while looking out the window.