Chapter 13// The invite

After I left Jackie's I went home and went to sleep. She told me how she is an only child and her mother is a nurse while her father is a manager at a cologne company. Jackie explained to me how she was always shy but never let people get to her. She knew who she was and what mattered which was her mother and father and her dog Benny. Also, she mentioned to me how her lost lover was still out there because she found her on Instagram but was too nervous to request her. The woman was pretty. Dark-skinned, brown eyes, beautiful white smile. The good thing that made Jackie happy was that she appeared to be single as it read in her bio. I gave her the encouragement to request her and fulfill the times they couldn't have together because its clear Jackie isn't over her.

I feel a lot closer to Jackie now and I hope she feels the same. I'm so happy she told me the truth. Which is why she was the first person I told of my crush on Dylan. Jackie was a bit taken back by it because she thought I was into Chase since I slept with him but that was- I still don't know why I did it if I was fully over him. But she understood I explained how hard it was to watch Becky and Dylan kiss and just how he isn't here anymore. Sure I can call him but that just isn't the same. Plus if I called him out of the blue I would defitenly freeze up. Well, none of that matters because I explained to Jackie how he doesn't want to speak to me until I tell him what's wrong with me. Basically what I'm hiding.

Ah, whatever the future holds with my feelings toward Dylan will have to wait till I hit rock bottom and can't hide the feelings any longer. I just hope I'm aware of when that happens. Today is the first day back at college after the long break. Felt like forever. It's already my third month in. With how fast everything is going I won't be surprised if I'll already be in the fourth month of college. And about those classes I missed the exams for I have been working extra hard and I have been doing real well in both classes. I promised my professor's that will never happen again.

While I drive myself to college I notice how sunny it is and which means they will be a party at work. Whenevr it's sunny there's always most likely a party at work. Usually when my boss says that it's a customer party for their kid. Although this time it's a party for the employees. I'm actually excited for it because I never really got to know my co-workers that much. I park in the parking lot then made my way up the steps.

As I made it to class I noticed Becky was already there wearing a turtleneck. To me that was odd since it's not that cold out. I brushed it off sitting in my seat on my cell till our professor walked in.

"Psst," I heard a little voice call out in a whisper.

I tried to ignore it but heard it again.

"Cas, do you hear me?" I regconize Becky's voice.

I sigh turning my attention to her locking my phone.

She giggles before she speaks. "You didn't tell me your ex-roommate was such a monster," she whispers as low as she can and pulls down her turtleneck revealing hickies.

I felt my stomach turn as if I were going to hurl. Did she have to show me that? Wait... Could this have mean that they have slept together? I notice our professor walk in then I clear my throat.

"Class is starting," I move my eyes to our professor. She does the same thankfully. God, I have never felt more shitty.

------

The work party was real fun. It went on for three hours already and there was no more customers after two hours. We all were dancing and having beers. I have never felt so happy and calm at the same time. I must say this job was very much worth it.

Right now I was sitting on a picnic table watching the party from outside. I needed some fresh air. It felt good to feel the breeze hit me as the sun was going down. I was holding my beer with both my hands as they hung over my knees. I heard footsteps noticing my co-worker Phil who works the dough walking toward me. Phil sat next to me watching the party with me.

"Did you have fun? We do these party's every three months. Sometimes we do it more frequently if were all are having a good day. It just felt good to just live and let go." Phil explained in a calm chill tone.

I breath through my nose with a laugh, "to live and let go. That's exactly what I needed." I spoke bringing my beer to my lips to take another swig.

Phil turned his head to me slightly, "something bothering you?"

I looked down shaking my head lightly, "it's just... I have a- I like my roommate well ex-roommate since he moved out to live with his girlfriend who happens to be in one of my classes. Guess what she did today she showed me the hickies he left on her." I spat in a irritated tone.

Phil breathed out, "oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. Crushes suck."

I just nodded my head still staring at the ground.

"How come your not telling him?" The man before me asked so concerned and interested.

I smiled a bit I don't really know why, "it will-"

"Complicate things? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard if you like someone go for it. It's now or never Cas."

"I know but... i just don't know when the right time is." I tell him.

Phil smiled, "you'll know... you'll know."

-----

When I made it home I showered since I ate dinner at my job. I brushed my teeth then blew dry my hair and got ready to lie down. What a long day. It was fun though. Phil really helped me and opened my eyes. Just when I was falling asleep I got a text. Sighing I reached over unlocking my phone.

"Hey Cas this is Becky Dylan gave me your number I wanted to invite you over for dinner tomorrow after your work of course. I'll text you the address tomorrow so I really hope you can make it." - Becky

What? Why did Dylan give her my number? And she wants to invite me over for dinner? Oh my. I guess since Dylan's still in my life I have to get used to her. Whatever one dinner wouldn't hurt would it?

A/N: Hey there! I hope you enjoyed this chapter remember to vote and comment! I would love to read your feedback :)