Chapter 7// One month later

It has been one month and three days of living here. A month and three days of going to college and having a bit different experience each day. A month and three days of hearing/witnessing the inseparable Dylan and Becky. A month and three days of this job which is a hassle but I guess it's a must and I have to deal with it. And lastly, a month and three days of the study group which things are getting a bit weird.

I splash cold water on my face getting ready for the morning I have been repeating for a month. I know college can be stressful but I never thought it would drain you out this much. I never had so many tests and notes in my life. So far I'm doing well in all of my classes I have always been a test person. I study harder than most think.

Finally, I open the bathroom door to find Becky waiting leaning against the wall. She has one foot pressed against the wall behind her while her arms are crossed. "Ugh, finally Cas I have to pee too you know." She let out walking past me. I took a step out of the bathroom and watched her close the door behind her. I rolled my eyes is this what my life has come to?

After a couple of minutes tossing on a pair of sweats and a green t-shirt with sandals I made my way downstairs. As I walked down I found Dylan shirtless cooking breakfast for him and Becky I assume. I never seen him shirtless before and it must be impolite to look at another girls guy shirtless so I turned the other way gripping my car keys. "Uh, I'm going." I call out to Dylan.

"All right, wait why are you faced that way?" He questioned his tone curious.

I stammer biting my lower lip, "well, you kind of don't have a shirt on Dylan." I remark throwing some sass in my tone.

Dylan laughs, "I can put a shirt on if you want."

"No way, my man does not need to put on a shirt." I hear Becky call out.

This time I turn around to find her arms linked around Dylan's waist. Okay now I need to go.

"That's my cue, see you later." I shout out throwing a peace sign in the air with my right hand. After I let myself out I feel I am allowed to say I don't like having Becky there. If he can have a girl there why can't I have a guy there?

----

"Do you want to come over my house today?" I asked Chase at study group. Today we were at a cafe and Chase has a discount with them so we all got free coffee. I paid for a muffin though. Today I have off of work because of my boss having to close for the day due to personal reasons so I actually have a lot of free time.

Chase nearly chokes on his drink. He grabs a napkin dabbing the corner of his mouth, "are you serious? I mean the last time we hungout that roommate of yours nearly locked you down." He blurted out not missing a beat.

I shrugged my shoulders, "he has his hands full now that he has a girlfriend." I tell him picking at my muffin. "So do you?"

Chase's mouth is parted as if he wants to say something but doesn't want to say it aloud.

I clear my throat moving in my seat, I snicker a forced laugh, "forget it-"

"No- no it's just I have a thing to go to with my sister. Maybe you can come and we can go to your house after?"

I smile, "yeah sure that's totally fine. Where does she have to go?" I question drinking a sip of my coffee.

He sits back in his seat sighing, "there's a play happening at the park and she wants me to take her. It's a play of a kid show I don't know it won't be that long."

"Aw, that's adorable sounds like fun."

-----

The play was actually adorable. There were many kids laughing and playing around dancing with the actors singing kid songs. Chase's parents here here also but she wanted Chase to be with her specifically. They get along pretty well. I can tell he's like a hero to her.