The moment the last word came out, I regretted it. I didn't have to look to know that Yunho was snickering at me. Memories of the conversation we had in Vancouver were still vivid, and my intuition told me that he, too, hadn't forgotten about the argument we had over me being nice or not.

I shut my eyes to escape the gazes of others. Someone chuckled, the sound close to me, so it had to be Hongjoong. "Don't worry, Mingi. You've done a lot for us already, and it makes sense that you'll be tired. I already volunteered to drive, so just sit back and relax." I open my eyes dubiously. "It'll take just under one and a half hours to get there, so you can continue your nap. I'm sure the others will let you take shotgun if you asked. It'll be more comfortable up front than the truck's cargo bed. Right, guys?"

I watched everyone nod through my peripheral vision, still not quite wanting to meet them in the eyes. Great, I thought, Yunho is grinning at me now. That cheeky man must think I'm pitiful.

San and Wooyoung passed me a huge hiking backpack, packed full with essentials. I didn't bother to thank them as we all filed down the narrow aisles to the vehicle bay. It didn't sit well with me that everyone was being so nice towards me all of a sudden, so I kept my suspicions high and my senses on full alert.

I formed a hasty plan while Jongho and San furnished the truck's cargo bed with some boxes and blankets to make the ride more bearable at the back. It would be easier to jump out from the cargo bed if Hongjoong were to try anything fishy, so I tried convincing Yunho to switch places with me instead. As much as I despised the idea of talking to him.

"With your asthma and everything... it'd be better if you sat inside the truck."

Yunho raised an eyebrow at me, trying not to smile again. "I told you, being nice is in your blood. But no thanks, Mingi. I'd like to stay with my brother this time. Maybe you should ask Yeosang instead."

I was so irked with his statement about me being nice again that I couldn't do anything but stare as he walked away, leaving me no choice.

In the end, I had to squeeze in between Hongjoong at the driver's seat and Yeosang at shot gun because the cargo bed was full with our stuff. My plan was ruined, but on the other hand, it was easier to keep an eye out on the driver this way. The soldier was so tiny I could easily push him out and take over the wheel - especially when he didn't have his weapon around.

The snow was already beginning to melt outside, making the roads visible, but it didn't really make our task any easier. Without service, we couldn't rely on GPS or Google Maps. The only tool we had was the old-fashioned atlas that Yeosang found in the glove box and had shoved into my hands as we eased down the ramp.

By the time we found our way to a petrol station to take a rest, the sky was already orange from the egg-yolk sun. My stomach grumbled at the thought of hot food, the breakfast set I always ate in the airport lounges.

Hongjoong and Yeosang both jumped out off the truck, the latter wanting the washroom while the former tried his luck with the refill-stations. I couldn't help but feel guilty as I sneaked a peek at the fuel gauge - over half of it was gone because of how many times I directed us to the wrong way. At this rate we would end up taking twice as long as intended to get to our destination.

No, I thought, shaking my head and consoling myself, it's their fault for trusting me with the map. I barely had enough sleep and they knew I had a bad temper.

Having successfully convinced myself, I felt that I should treat myself to something sweet. I saved a chocolate-cookie pack I found on the first plane I raided in Korea just for this moment.