"Cute outfit in general!" she replied and turned to Paul. "I like her." 

He rolled his eyes at us. "Yeah get a room you two, otherwise we're heading to Sam's. Get your coat, Oak, it's cold." he instructed, prompting me to sarcastically salute and make Rachel laugh.

Sam and Emily's place was only a five minute walk from Paul's house - I mean our house. It was great to be able to spend that time chatting to Rachel and getting to know her seeing as Paul mentioned she stayed over a lot. I hadn't even noticed when we arrived at the cottage.

"Little Lahote, you're back!" Jared called as he stood on a chair in the middle of the living room for whatever reason. I stopped trying to understand Jared's antics ten minutes after I met him and realised he was better left out of context.

I scoffed at his words, accepting bear hugs from the group as we entered. "Hey, I'm not the Little Lahote!" 

Jared thought for a moment. "Vertically challenged Lahote?" he proposed.

I scowled at him and picked up a stray tennis ball from beside me on the dining table, piffing it at his head and prompting him to fall from his chair. "Ahh! Angry Lahote!" he decided, Embry high fiving me proudly and Paul giving me a thumbs up of approval at my actions.

I noticed Seth hanging back at the corner of the room, quietly, not saying much which felt weird. I had only met him briefly once but it was clear that he held an undeniable energy. He was vibrant, innocent, and genuinely wanted to make everyone smile which was rare, and it drew me in.

I hadn't really admitted it to myself, but when Seth stared at me when we met, it stirred something inside me. It must have, because I dreamed about him that night and it scared me. 

I had only ever had dreams about Christian, my boyfriend. But I couldn't deny that not even Christian had ever made my skin feel like it was on fire at a simple touch like Seth had when he hugged me. I felt like he was leaving trails of sparks with his fingers when he pulled me in, and I felt like I couldn't breathe in that moment. 

My senses were in overdrive around him, and it confused me. I shook my head of the thought and attempted to throw it away but then the dream happened. And now, seeing him sit in the corner of the room, it was taking every fibre of my being to not approach him and see if he was okay, hug him, see his bright shining smile.

Jesus Oakley, snap out of it girl. Think of Christian, you barely even know this dude, get over it. But why am I so drawn to him? It's like a physical tug on my heart - NO! No more. Christian is my boyfriend and I love him.

"What's got you making frown lines over there, Oak?" Leah inquired worriedly, sending me concerned glances.

"What? Oh nothing...no it's nothing." Lie. It's your goddam brother sitting over there in his singlet with his massive arms and chocolate eyes and oh my god what is happening to me I'm 20 years old not some high school flirt!

---

Monday again, and time for my first meeting with my client! Fiona, my supervisor had said that I could use the boardroom any time I needed as long as I booked it. They completely trusted me to do my own work and do it well, and I appreciated that they didn't see me as 'the intern' who was just there to get coffee.

I dressed myself professionally in the morning, wearing a chic pastel pink skirt and blazer set with a white lace cami and white heels. 

Fortuity // Seth ClearwaterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara