Chapter 37

Sid's brain was bursting with anger now. The tears in Sana's eyes were affecting his thinking abilities. He didn't know where he was going with Sana. It was not until it started to rain, that he realised he had come out of the city. He quickly stops his bike at the side of the road and asks Sana to get down. He holds her hand and they run to take cover under a broken old shop at the side of the road. Sid still holding her hand asks," Kya hua tha? Why were you crying?" Sana says without looking at him," Nothing.. mujhe bas mummy ki yaad arahi thi. (I was missing my mummy.)I didn't want to stay there any longer. Sorry for asking you to come urgently." Sid knew she was lying, he says," I asked Sana why were you crying? I need the answer. So tell me." Sana, still not looking at him, says," Arey maine bola toh. I was missing my mummy." Sid is now irritated, he pulls her to stand in front of him and holding her both hands tightly asks," Last time I am asking you, why?" Sana doesn't not reply nor she looks at him. Sid clenching his teeth, pulls her closer and holding her from her arms asks, "Tumhe main bewkoof lagta hun? Ya mazak kar raha hun main, hun?(Do I look like a fool? Am I joking here? ) I don't like lies, you know that very well. I asked why were you crying? I need to hear the real reason." Sana looks in his eyes with tears and says," If you keep on shouting at me, I will obviously not say anything na.." Sid turns his face to his side and taking a deep breath he looks into her eyes, lowering his head. He says,"Okay. I am not shouting..Stop crying and tell me what had happened."

Sana wiping her face says,"I had a fight with Bunty bhaiya. He didn't let me tie the rakhi on his hand. And Mamiji supported him, she didn't stop him from going. She said he did the right thing. I could not tie him rakhi. Mamaji also didn't say anything to him. I felt so bad and insulted. So I asked you to come and take me back home." Sid says," Your Mami is really.. Why didn't you tell me that there only? I would have.." He is angry now, he pauses and then asks,"What was the fight about?" Sana says,"I had taken his car keys back so..But that's not the point..." Sana starts rubbing her eyes and cry. Sid holds her hands to stop her from rubbing her eyes and says," What is wrong with you? Are you seriously a crackpot? Kabhi kabhi marne pitene mein lagi rahiti ho like an wounded tigress and sometimes you behave like Meena Kumari, shedding down tears. Pata hai kitni stupid lag rahi ho?" Sana looks at him with anger and Sid gives him a smirk. She says," I am not stupid okay. I am very intelligent." Sid says,"That I already know very well." Sana holds his arm and says,"No. You ask me anything. I will answer. Chalo pocho?" Sid nods his head and says,"Fine tell me What is the capital of India?" Sana laughs and says,"Very easy. New Delhi." Sid pretends to be surprised and says,"Wow! Smart! Tell me what is the capital of Mumbai?" Sana thinks for sometime, wiping her eyes and says, "Mumbai ka capital hmm..Juhu hoga ..right." Sid starts to laugh and Sana stays confused asking," Am I wrong? Then what? Tell me na.." Sid after sometime controls his laughter and says,"Miss Sana, the most intelligent girl in the world, Mumbai ka koi capital nahi hai. It is a metropolitan city and it is the capital of Maharashtra. Gadhi."

Sana lowers her face and says,"You asked a wrong question. I am not gadhi." Sid smiles and says," Yes you are." Sana making a face says,"Okay I might not be correct. I accept my General Knowledge is not that great. But you are wrong too." Sid looks at her with curiosity and Sana continues," You said Miss Sana. I am Mrs.Sana. You forgot that I am your wife. " Sid's face turns serious again and he says,"Thik hai..I haven't forgotten anything." He leaves her hands and backs off but Sana again makes a sad face, like she would cry that instant. Sid looks at her and asks,"Now what happened? Please don't start your rona dhona again." Sana says,"The thing that actually made me upset is still lingering in my mind." Sid asks,"What is making you upset?" Sana says," I couldn't tie rakhi to anybody this year." Sid thinks for sometime and says," I can't do anything about that. If you really want, you can tie it on my wrist." Sana looks at him and says,"Pagal toh nahi ho gaye ho? Now who is acting stupid. You are not my brother but my husband. I think you are forgetting that. We are legally married. Okay. Kuch bhi bolta hai, yeh insaan. You should only say your poetries. Apart from them you should not open your mouth. Hun.. " Sid whispers,"Now I need to stay quiet or else, she will start asking me to say poems." The rain has stopped and Sana finds few people going to the sea, all dressed up in colourful clothes. They are playing music and dancing all the way to the boats. Sana asks," Wahan kya ho raha hai?" Sid says," Let's go." He, without listening to Sana, holds her hand and takes her to the bike.