Chapter 73

Sidharth! See your Puchku is kicking. He is hungry.", Sana says in an excited voice, as they are return on the bike.
Sidharth says,"Phir se He? Chodo..What do you want to eat? Your favourite pani puri?"
"No..Hmm..yes Pizza..Mujhe Pizza khana hai.", she says grabbing his shoulder.
"Okay baba..", he replies.
He stops his bike in front of a restaurant and is about to go inside when Sana screams and Sidharth turns to see two men come and hits him on his head. He falls on the ground as blood starts dripping from the wound. Sana rushes towards him, with tears in her eyes. The men pull him away from her and start hitting him. Then a car stops in front of them and Rocky gets down. He takes out a knife and stabs it into his abdomen repeatedly. Sana screams,"N..oooo.. Sidharth.."

"Hey what happened? Baby? Had a nightmare? Hun? Open your eyes! Baby?", Sidharth pulls her into his arms as she whispers.
"Th..at..Rocky..St..stabbed..you.. again.. tum mar gaye..Sidharth..", she says between her sobs.
"Arey main zinda hun. It was just a dream. See you are in my arms.", he says pulling her even closer.
Sana looks at his face, touching his cheeks, "I had.. got frightened. It..appeared so.. real. Bebu tumhe kuch nahi hoga na?"
"Nobody has the courage or strength to touch me or my family. Tumhare Sidharth main barabar sabka rainbow bana ne ki kabiliyat hai. Toh woh Rocky kya cheez hai. Now relax. Kuch nahi hoga."
A soft smile appears on her face, "Rainbow? How?"
"Gadhi! Did you forget what had happened to Samrat and your pujya Bunty bhaiya? By the way why are you suddenly thinking about that as**ole Rocky?", he says.

Sana yawns and says,"I heard Shini discussing the case with Rajat. You don't tell me anything, nobody does. I heard how his lawyer didn't let you and Rohan talk. Also how he damaged your bike. Tumhari pyari bike, bichari. "
Sidharth makes her lie down on the bed and runs his palms over her head,"You don't need to worry about anything. You just eat, take rest and stay happy. For yourself, for our Puchku and for me. I promise you nobody will do any harm to my family and friends."
"And you..Don't let anything touch you. We all are dependent on you. You are our lifeline..", she says and buries her face near his chest and falls asleep.
Sidharth smiles and kisses her head then whispers,"I promise."

The defense lawyer in the next hearing had successfully dismissed the claims of Rajat and Shini as part of the evidence provided by the Public Prosecutor Bipin Rajpal. Now the prosecution has only one last chance to present strong witnesses and evidence to bring the case in their side.

"What next Rajpal ji? Are we going to lose this case?", asks Rohan as they come out of the court.
"You know Awasthi is a very good lawyer. I had tried to prepare Rajat and Shini for his questions but you saw what happened. Rajat you shouldn't have got hyper in there. Your statement will no longer matter."
Rajat stares at him, "Does it matter? If I had stayed cool like Sidharth bhaiya still that Awasthi would have tore me apart. Can't you see what he is doing? He used Shalini's name in such a bad way. I can't tolerate that. No I can't. She means a lot to me. I like her. I can't hear anything negative against her. Sidharth bhaiya I am sorry. But..I couldn't.."
Sidharth stares at Shini whose face has turned red now. He gives out a deep breath. Rajat lowers his face and Rohan says,"Rajat relax now. He has done that with each of us. Rajpal ji what now?"

Rajpal after thinking a minute says, "Everything rests on Manager's and the waiter's statement. They are the only witnesses not related to you people. And we will also present Jaanvi's statement too. Let's see."

They all sit in a cafe after returning from the court. Rohan says,"This case looks hopeless now. I am having doubts that the eyewitness statements will hold. They will also be torn apart by that man. I don't understand what we must do."
Sidharth smiles,"Celebrate Valentine's day."
Rajat, Shini and Rohan look at him with surprise.
"What? Arey tomorrow it's Valentine's day. So let's celebrate.", he says. "See. Jo hona hoga hoga. We can't really do anything about it. Can we? No na. Then just leave all the stress and let's enjoy."
Shini says,"I just can't believe it's you. Aap ko Valentine's day celebrate karna hai? I mean you out of all who believe these are just a waste of time."
"Arey Shalini your bhaiya was not in love before. Now he is madly in love with your bhabhi. Obviously he will celebrate,", says Rohan laughing.
Sidharth shakes his head, "Not only me but a few people around me too are in love. I mean you and Jaanvi. So we all should get together and have little fun. ", he stares at Shini and Rajat and continues,"Actually we all are in too much pressure from his case. And this is also putting Sana into stress. This will be a good stress buster for all. Kal ghar aajana tum dono with Jaanvi. I will cook."