Chapter 16: "Mom..."

Start from the beginning

I looked at him, still panting from the wild kiss I shared with my husband. I gave him a look. A confused look. Who is here? No one lives here except me and Chris. What is going on? Is there someone that actually make Chris smiled at me like a hysterical person?

Chris put me down and told me to follow him to the kitchen. I don't know why but I felt scared. Paralyzed with fear, I couldn't even command my legs to move. Chris sighed and grabbed my hand, intertwined with his afterwards. I guessed I have to follow him. I followed very close to his back as I'm having a bad feeling that the ones that I'm going to meet is someone I hate.

And I was right. It is someone I hate - Chris' parents.

"What's going on?" I tiptoed and whispered against his ear. He then turned his back and looked at me straight in the eye. He just gave me an assuring smile, signaling me that everything will be okay. How is it going to be okay when I have Chris' parents hate me? I just took a deep breath and stood right beside Chris.

I turned my attention towards his parents. Funny... Instead of being angry at me, they kinda scared of me? Their facial expression are funny especially Angelica's. Both of them were frozen to the spot without saying anything. Angelica then started to break into tears. My eyes widened. What did I just do? Will brought her close, making her cry against his chest. Those actions reminds me of me and Chris. I guessed this kind of thing passed on from a generation to the next generation.

I squeezed Chris' hand, making his attention turned towards me. I could feel my heart pumping with adrenaline. The broke down from Angelica is really unexpected. Why is she crying? Chris just bring me closer and kissed my forehead. Oh my god! What is going on?

After Angelica was calm, she ran towards me and gave me a tight hug, making me hard to breathe. I looked at Chris with a really confused look. He just smiled and mouthed, "forgive her."

I tapped her shoulder, signaling her to let me go. Angelica let go and her face turned beet red with embarrassment. I giggled at her expression. She took both of my hands, started mumbling something like a bullet. My hair stood on ends as I'm scared that she might slapped me or giving me bad remarks again. But surprisingly, she didn't.

"Melissa, sweetheart. I'm so sorry that I treated you badly the first time I met you. I thought that my son was not happy with you but I was wrong. You are totally the girl that he needs. You are, by far, the most different girl in the world. So please, forgive me. And take care of Christopher." She begged. She even touched my cheek as she was too desperate for my forgiveness. I just smiled at her and gave her a pat on her back.

But before I could forgive her, suddenly I felt nauseous. Bile rose in the back of my throat, ready to throw up. In instant, I excused myself and went upstairs to the bathroom. I busted the bathroom door and threw everything out in the toilet bowl. My eyes started to get watery and the disgusting nose bleed started to drip. I could hear someone calling my name.

"Melissa! Mel! Baby, you're here?" Chris called out. He opened the bathroom and is shocked to see me vomiting. He came by my side and rubbed my back, so that I could easily throw up more. He demanded his mom to wet the bathroom towel while he continuously rubbed my back.

After I'm done vomiting, I hold onto Chris' right arm, telling him that it's enough. He carried me towards the bedroom and placed me on top of the bed afterwards. I could even hear him demanding his mom to flush the toilet before going out of the bathroom. To be honest, Chris is really good at multi-tasking. He stepped aside and let his mom to do the rest of the work.

Angelica sat beside me and leaned closer so that she can easily wiped my mouth with the wet towel. While doing that, I just looked at her in silence. I swallowed a gulp and managed to voice out.