35. THOR

"Bring me Thanos!"

"Wow," Ana breathed out from next to Steve

"Wow," Ana breathed out from next to Steve. He realised that Ana had never met or seen Thor before.

The tree and raccoon with a gun followed Thor as he started running. He sparked with lightning. The air turned dark as he jumped up into the air, lightning sparking off of him. He raised up his axe and struck the ground. Every alien monster within a mile dropped dead.

"I like this guy," Sean announced.

"We're far from done, Hansen," Ana looked at him, "come on."

Ana tore off and was followed by him and Sharon. Steve turned and fought the aliens closest to him. Everyone seemed to have caught their second wind with the arrival of Thor. Thor's axe cut through the aliens easily, and he ended up not far from Steve.

"New haircut?" He asked Thor.

"Notice you've copied my beard," he smirked gesturing to his chin. Behind him, the tree humanoid thing reached out and stuck his arms into the aliens' chests. "By the way, this is a friend of mine, Tree."

"I am Groot!" It said.

"I am Steve Rogers," Steve said holding his hand up to his chest.

As they continued to fight, there was a sudden rumbling in the distance

As they continued to fight, there was a sudden rumbling in the distance. The trees on the other side of the barrier began falling. The rumbling grew closer and closer until the ground under the barrier lifted up. Massive donut shaped machines with spikes on them burst through the ground. They began moving forward to mow everything and everyone in their path down.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" King T'Challa yelled, the fear was evident in his voice.

Steve's first thought was Ana as he turned on his heel to run. He had to find her. He ignored when Thor called out to him.

"ANA! ANA!" He yelled.

"We're okay!" She confirmed.

"For now," Sean grumbled.

"I hate you," Steve heard her sigh.

"Focus that fire on left flank, Sam," Rhodey instructed.

"I'm doing it!"

There was a red glow as the machines lifted up. Steve knew that Wanda was now down on the field. She used her powers to take out a massive amount of aliens with their own machines.

"Why was she up there all this time?!" Okoye demanded.

Steve finally found Ana. She had a large gash on her forehead. Sean was holding his torso and breathing heavily while Sharon supported him. Steve wiped some of the blood that was trickling into Ana's eyes away.

"This looks bad."

"I'm fine. It looks worse than it is," she promised.

"Guys, we got a Vision situation here!" Sam informed everyone.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve yelled before running into the fray of aliens again.

"I got him!" Banner said.

"I'm on my way," Wanda echoed.

Steve fought his way through the aliens with Ana, Sharon, and Sean. He noticed that Ana had abandoned her stun pellet gun. She'd also taken apart the staff and had a sword in both hands. Even after years of being apart, she and Sean moved like a well oiled machine. Sharon was a little awkward trying to figure out how she fit in, but she fought well considering she probably never expected to fight aliens.

"Guys! Vision needs back up NOW!" Banner yelled again.

"Wanda?" Steve asked.

"We're occupied!" Nat responded.

"Steve, go! You have to!" Ana turned to him.

"Bu-"

"Ana's right. You can get there the fastest!" Sean cut him off.

"We can handle this," Ana nodded.

Steve quickly kissed Ana. He caressed her cheek and smiled at her. She squeezed his hand three times which sent a small pang to his heart. He squeezed her hand back. She was his everything, but they were right. He took off running towards the forest where Vision was. He heard talking and charged in that direction. As he got closer, he saw the alien that Nat and Ana severely injured. He ran in and tackled him away from Vision.

"Get out of here!" He yelled at Vision. He punched the alien twice, "GO!"

The alien had a staff and used it to deflect Stevens punches and swings, however, Steve did somehow manage to throw the staff to the side. He wasn't expected to be thrown over a log by the back of his neck. He landed hard and rolled trying to find his feet again. 

Before he knew what was happening, the alien was pressing his arm against his windpipe to choke him to death. Steve struggled trying to land a blow to get him off. The alien grunted as a spear went through his back. Steve watched as the blade came through his chest. He was lifted off the ground before being tossed to the side. A severely injured Vision was standing there and then collapsed.

"I thought I told you to go," Steve knelt down next to Vision.

Steve helped Vision to his feet, "we don't trade lives, Captain."

Steve helped Vision lean against a fallen tree. As he sat there, Steve looked up. He saw Thor destroying the spaceships that kept sending aliens out. It was a small relief, but he knew that the real battle was still coming.

Wanda floated down to where they were and rushed over to Vision, panting, "are you okay?!"

There was a high pitched ringing as she rubbed his cheek which made Vision groan.

"What? What is it?" She asked.

"He's here."

As he said that, it grew eerily quiet. There were less fighting sounds from over on the battlefields. The wind softly howled around them. Steve could feel the change in the air.

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming," he warned.

"What the hell?" Natasha muttered.

She, Sam, Okoye, King T'Challa, and Banner had all joined them in the forest. There was a change in air as it grew thick. They all looked around. Banner turned around behind them. The air started swirling with a grey cloud of smoke and small flecks of blue lighting. They watched as a massive purple figure appeared right in front of them. The smoke subsided, and Wanda got a red ball of energy ready.

"Cap," Banner said grimly, "that's him."

——————————

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I appreciated every single one of them!

Please leave a vote and comment(s) if you enjoyed this chapter!

Next update: September 12, 2020