34. TIME TO FIGHT

Start from the beginning

"What the hell?" Bucky muttered.

"Looks like Nat pissed her off," Ana responded grimly.

"Hey! You helped."

"I didn't say a damn thing, Nat," Ana smirked at the other Russian.

They all watched as the aliens threw themselves at the barriers. They lost legs, arms, heads, and some were even cut in half trying to break through. Steve had never seen anything like it before. They were determined and didn't care if they died in the process.

"They're killing themselves," Okoye gasped in horror as a few made their way through the barrier, though they had some skin singed.

The border tribe started chanting in Xhosa and raised their capes creating new barriers in front of every troop they had. Steve quickly squeezed Ana's hand just before King T'Challa gave an order in Xhosa as well. And with that order, everyone began shooting at the aliens that managed to breach the barriers. Sam and Rhodey flew in and started assaulting them from the air as well.

"Do you see the teeth on those things?!" Sam yelled.

"All right, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed," Rhodey said before letting bombs fly down just at the edge of the barrier.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter, and get in behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision," Banner said.

"Then we better keep them in front of us," Steve clenched his jaw.

"How do we do that?" Okoye questioned him.

"We open the barrier," King T'Challa responded grimly, "on my signal, open North-West Section 17. On my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda," M'Baku looked despondent.

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history," Okoye looked at him.

Steve activated the shields on his arms that the Wakandans generously gave him

Steve activated the shields on his arms that the Wakandans generously gave him. Ana pulled out her new swords and connected the ends to form a double bladed staff. She held a gun with stun pellets in the other hand.

"Time to fight," Ana mumbled.

King T'Challa let out a call, and the border tribe lowered their capes. He slowly walked forwards through the safety of the front line with Okoye just behind him.

"Wakanda Forever!" He yelled crossing his arms over his chest as his mask went over his face. And with that, everyone charged forward.l towards the barrier where the aliens were coming through. "NOW!"

One section of the protection barrier opened up, and the alien monsters began pouring in. Steve and King T'Challa outpaced everyone and ran ahead. They jumped into the fray of aliens that poured in. They were everywhere. Steve used the points on the ends of his shields to help him rip them apart.

"How much longer, Shuri?!" King T'Challa asked.

"I've barely begun, brother!" The response made Steve's heart sink.

"You might want to pick up the pace!" He grunted.

No matter how many of the alien monsters they killed, there seemed to be about 100 more ready to take their place. He noticed that Rhodey got knocked out of the sky and crashed into the ground. T'Challa was being tossed around. Steve himself was pinned up against a rock. As he tried to kill one, 3 more attacked him on the ground.

"There's too many of them!" Banner yelled.

"THESE STUPID ALIENS WON'T DIE!" Ana sounded frustrated.

"Not good," Sean agreed grimly.

Suddenly there was a massive light that beamed down and destroyed everything in its path. Another blue light burst out from it and killed every alien that was pinning them down.

When the light faded away, Steve saw Thor standing there. He had a massive axe in his hand. There was a tree humanoid thing behind him and a raccoon with a gun jumped off his shoulder. It was a massive relief to have Thor back. This would help turn the tides in their favour.

Ana, Sean, and Sharon ran over towards Steve, "you alright?" she breathed heavily and helped him stand up

"I'll be fine," he nodded searching her face, "you?"

"We're fine for our first alien monster battle," she smiled wryly.

"Speak for yourself, Stepanov," Sean muttered.

"HAH HAH! You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce taunted was he let the helmet of the Hulk Buster suit come down. 

——————————

Wow. I pre-wrote this several weeks ago. None of us could've expected Chadwick's passing. 2020 can fuck right on off. Stop taking the good ones. Thank you so much, Chadwick, for giving the world Black Panther. Black Panther is a true master piece—the best movie in the franchise in my humble opinion. Wakanda forever. Rest in POWER, King.

Please leave a vote and comment(s) if you enjoyed this chapter!

Next update: September 5, 2020