The Beginning

[a/n: I had to completely re-edit this cuz somehow it glitched out and took out half of the entire chapter]

No One's POV

It was a beautiful December morning in Dallas, TX, USA. Y/N L/N was on his way to high school, this being the last time before school let out for Christmas break. Y/N was your typical 11th-grade high school student—decent grades, lots of friends, and made varsity on the football team. He did, however, have a lot of girl friends[a/n not girlfriends].

Normally Y/N would take the bus, but since this was the last time he would see all of his friends for a little while, he thought it would be a good idea to take his own car since he actually never drove it when he got the car for his 17th birthday.

"Be careful son," Y/N's dad yelled from across the house. "It's a dangerous world out there."

"And don't do anything stupid," Y/N's mom added. "You know we won't be there to see it."

"Bye mom, bye dad" Y/N responded to his parents.

His parents weren't exactly the richest people in their neighborhood—to be fair though, the houses in his neighborhood cost about $1 million each.

Y/N's mom was a lawyer, while his dad was in the military. This also meant that Y/N didn't see his parents very often, but that didn't bother him because 1) he was a teenager, and 2) he was going to college soon, and he wanted to be prepared for the real world.

When Y/N arrived at the high school he was greeted by many of his guy friends. He was excited to see them, but there were a few people specifically that Y/N was anxious to talk to. Unfortunately, that meant waiting an hour and a half for the 2nd period, because that's when he'll actually see them.

1st period for Y/N was world history. He had no problem with taking world history as he was a history buff himself, it was just that he had to wait so long for the class to end.

My god, has world history always been this long? Y/N thought.

"Y/N, you look a little troubled, what's the matter?" his world history teacher asked.

"Nothing," Y/N replied.

"Okay then, I suggest you keep your head up." the teacher said.

Y/N liked his world history teacher; he was a good teacher and just a good person in general. Unfortunately, he just felt like he didn't belong in that class. If he was being honest, he was the only "jock" in the class.

At last, the 1st-period bell rung. It was time for Y/N to go to the 2nd period, which was engineering. Unfortunately, the engineering classroom was on the other side of the high school; and with 5 minutes allowed for moving from one class to another, he felt like he'd be late all the time.

This time, though, he really was late.

"I'm sorry, I had to use the bathroom." Y/N knew that was the whitest lie he had ever told up to that point. What actually happened was Y/N got stuck behind a bunch of band kids carrying their Texas-sized instruments.

"Just come sit down," the engineering teacher replied.

Y/N was embarrassed. It's been several months since he'd actually been late to class, let alone engineering class. Everyone looked at him, including his 5 best friends, which Y/N liked to call Red Velvet.

Why out of all the days I've been here, does this have to be the day that I'm late?  Y/N thought.

Mini Time Skip

"It's time to head to the work tables," the engineering teacher said. As soon as he said that everyone got out of their seats and headed to their designated work tables.