« 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 »

Start from the beginning

"hello," a beautiful girl said to him with a soft voice, taking her hood off of her head.

"hello," he greeted back, quickly recovering from his momentary shock. "how can i help you?"

"i..." she nervously looked up, fiddling with her fingers. "i would like to ask if it is possible for me to stay for the night. i have searched for hours for shelter, but i haven't been able to find one. i understand if you refuse me, as it is quite odd to have a visitor seeking refuge now, especially at this hour and season."

"it is no problem," he smiled warmly at her, stepping to the side to allow her in. her lips turned up into a bright smile, her eyes shining.

"thank you, mister." she bowed at him with thanks, stepping into the house gratefully. "my name is chaeyoung."

"my name is baekhyun, and you're welcome."

"it was," she smiled, hiding her pink face in the sleeve of his kimono. she wished this moment would never end.

but alas, all things, especially good things, come to an end.

with a breath of joy,
i sang of spring's arrival along with the chirping birds
"your voice is beautiful," you told me,
and that alone, just those words, made me so happy

taking a deep breath, the ethereal woman sang of spring's arrival with the accompaniment of the chirping birds. her bewitching voice entranced the man for the nth time, and he couldn't help but thank the gods that he was blessed with such a beautiful and perfect partner.

"your voice is beautiful," he pressed a light kiss to her forehead.

his words made her face flush a deeper red, with an indescribable joy flourishing in her chest. with him, her worries were erased and her mind could be put at ease. with him, there was nothing else in the world except them, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"if someday, i no longer had this beautiful voice,
would you still, even then, love me?"
"of course," you said, smiling gently
as your large hand softly stroked my cheek

"if... if someday, i no longer had this beautiful voice..." she hesitated to speak her next words, but they spilled from her lips nonetheless. "would you still love me?"

"of course," he smiled gently, stroking her pale cheek softly, ridding her face of any stray hairs that dared to cover her stunning beauty.

her eyes filled with tears as he stroked her cheek, her tears slipping down her cheeks and onto his clothes. she closed her eyes and gave him a warm smile as she leaned into his touch.

at that moment, she realised that there was no one she'd rather spend the rest of her days with, no one other than her soulmate baekhyun.

——————————————————————

a man was waking down a rough path, the sides littered with snow. he wore a straw hat and a green yukata, with heaps of woods strapped to his back.

the air was chilling and the forest around him looked dead, the trees lacking their leaves. he was walking down the path to go to a nearby market in order to sell wood.