CHAPTER SEVEN

It was the Oroorun Market day, even if activities has reduced, this day was still as bubbly as ever. It was as if the people here were not the same people that has been attacked by the forest spirits. The Oroorun market day hold a significant place in the heart of these people and they saw it as a relief mechanism.

The people were oblivious to the lurking danger in the shadows. This day was one of the time Moremi visits the Market, the people all paid homage to her. The lurking danger drew closer wanting to seize the distraction as an opportunity.
They appeared as fearsome as before screeching in an inhuman voice scaring the soul out of the people. The market became chaotic as everyone tried to save themselves. Moremi's guards tried to fight off these monsters but were subdued and Moremi was taken.

Mothers for a moment forgot about their children corpse begin to litter the ground, the place erupted in pandemonium, Cries and shouts filled the air, by the time the town guards arrived the place was disrupted and chaotic as they hurried frantically towards where they see their queen been dragged.
They tried to fight but was killed and some taken as captives. By the time reinforcements came the perpetrators were long gone. This was the biggest raid the people had faced. Mothers cried in loud voices for their children and children also for their parents.

A warrior among the reinforcements saw his daughter crying, she and her sister had decided to come sell some beads in the market that morning. She rushed to him trying to explain in tears that her sister was missing. The others could not comfort him as they also were searching for their families and most importantly their queen was missing. Nothing could pacify the hearts of the people. This was the biggest blow they have been dealt with and it hit very hard. They hurried back to the palace.

The king stared dumbfounded at one of the servant girl that escorted Moremi to the Market as she cried trying to explain what happened. The palace chiefs all stared helplessly in fear

"Why are you here and not her??" The Ooni shouted. The girl didn't know how to reply as she laid flat in fear.

The Balogun walked in with his warriors, they were all bare chested with their machetes and weapons.

"Kabieyesi ooo" they all prostrated

"We have failed you but we know our mistake we will venture now into the forbidden forest and tear that place apart until the Queen is found" their commander the Balogun assured.

"Do not return until she is found..cut down anything that stands in your way this is the last straw spirits or not. Leave.. everyone included" The Ooni dismissed them as the servant girl was dragged away.
She knew her life now has come to an end, it would have been better if  she had died than anything to happen to the Queen. She could not even cry for herself but for her queen who was like a mother to her.

The captives were led deeper and deeper into the forest. Their hands were all tied together as they cried their way into the forest.
It was now dark they were tied in groups to trees.
The forest spirits conversed in a strange language further enhancing the belief if the captives that they were spirits.

About Dawn

They divided the captives into two groups and moved in different directions further confusing the people. Moremi was put in the group of a burly looking spirit. On its head there was something like a crown indicating its leadership. Most of the captives in his group were young looking women or beautiful ones.

They journeyed for 3days straight only stopping to rest at night. The burly leader noticed how Moremi shared her food despite how little it was and how respectful the others treated her.