twelve

"He did what?" Kourtney asks over FaceTime.

"I swear on my life, I don't even know what happened," Nini rants. "He was so... nice to me. Isn't that weird?"

"Maybe he actually is a decent human being." Kourtney shrugs. "Maybe he was just on his man period when y'all met."

Nini can't help but laugh. "Kourt, I'm trying to be serious here."

"So am I! Men get moody as hell sometimes. That's really the only way I've known to explain it."

Nini thinks in silence for a moment, reality dawning on her.

"Does this mean you think I should try to talk to him?" Nini asks nervously.

Kourtney takes a second before responding. She knows how seriously Nini takes advice from people, so she's learned to be careful choosing her words. "I think you should do what you feel comfortable with, and if that includes talking to him, then yes, but if it doesn't, that's okay too. There's no rush."

Nini just nods.

Nini's stomach growls, and Kourtney surely doesn't miss it.

"Was that your stomach?" Kourtney asks, not wanting to make any assumptions.

Nini doesn't respond, biting the inside of her cheek.

"I'll be right over with some takeout. We're having a movie night."

Nini smiles slightly. "Okay," she replies softly before her long-time best friend ends the call.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

more kourt and nini <33

-jenna