Chapter 68

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Will had been asking the same question every 2 seconds! Y/N loved how much he was worrying for her, but this was making her lose her marbles.

"Yes, Will I promise you, I'm fine! Look, you're my best friend, I wouldn't keep anything from you."

Will's heart saddened a bit at the best friend zone but they were already so close so he was thankful for that.

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

Y/N sighed and pulled him in for a hug. "It's fine. I would've done the same if I were you."

Will smiled before turning back to the robot. They were camping in the cave and they were both tracing over the paintings since it was the only thing they could really do.

Y/N yawned before patting Will's shoulder. "So what did you want to tell me?"

Will blushed and scratched his neck nervously. "That I-Uh- That I...I forgot."

Y/N nodded before glancing at Will. "Well, if you remember, I'll listen. For now I'm really tired and I'm gonna sleep. Goodnight."

Y/N let out another yawn before joining Maureen in the middle of the cave. Maureen smiled and gave her a blanket while Y/N thanked her quietly. She used her bag as a pillow and let her thoughts stop.

After a few minutes of closing her eyes, she was in a deep sleep. She hasn't slept well in the last couple days.

Will watched Y/N thoughtfully before looking back at the robot. "You might even be a better drawer than me. Don't let it get to your head. It's not saying much."

The robot turned his head towards a painting of what was supposed to be Will, Y/N and him.

"That's supposed to be us. From now on, how about we stick together? No matter what."

The robot tilted his head and Will sighed. "Y/N's better at explaining things but she's asleep right now. She deserves the rest."

Will dipped his fingers on the paint and drew a circle. "This is where we are now. And this is the Resolute," he drew a spaceship right above the circle which was representing the planet. "You've been there, twice, and neither time was that great, but- roll with me here."

Will hopped off and went to a part of the wall a few feet away to represent distance. "And this is Alpha Centauri. I've told you all about it. It's our new home, and the only way of getting there is you. I think we'll like it there."

~~~~~~~~~~

Will sat down next to the sleeping Y/N. The robot was standing in the corner of the cave protectively and Adler was sleeping farther off in the cave. Only him and Maureen were up.

Will watched as Y/N breathed slowly and how her face was etched in utter peace. He brushed a strand of hair on Y/N's face to the side and smiled softly. He really had it for this girl.

Slowly and hesitantly, Will leaned down and pecked Y/N on her forehead. He got up and pulled her blanket closer to her chin to make sure she was nice and warm before joining his mother who was trying not to laugh.

"What," Will asked at her red face.

"You like her, don't you," Maureen asked softly with a soothing smile.

Will blushed and looked away barley giving a nod. Maureen, however, noticed it with her sharp eyes and she put a hand on his shoulder. "She's good, you know. I like her for you."

Will blushed again and fiddled with his fingers. "What if she doesn't like me back."

Maureen snorted and shook her head. "I'm sure she does. You're a charming young man, Will. People notice that."