Chapter 43

Penny and Y/N walked together down the halls to Will's room. He was sitting cris-cross applesauce (I don't know any name other than that) and he was holding a few items in his hands.

Penny smiled as Y/N leaned against the doorway. "So, What can I do to help you," Penny asked.

Will looked up at her weirdly then back at his work. "You hate building models."

"Yeah, 'cause it's boring and tedious. I'm willing to give it a try," Penny sighed as she sat on the bed next to Will. "How about you Y/N?"

Y/N shrugged and crossed her arms. "I think I want to watch."

Penny shrugged and picked up the instructions. "Suit yourself. Okay, um, 'release the main L body panel from parts sheet A. Fold a crease in each of the six vertical hinges in the part.'"

A small smile played on Y/N's lips as she saw Penny's face fill with confusion. She didn't seem to do those a lot. Penny was looking at Will's model then back at the instructions. "Okay, well, jo wonder it's taking you so long. You're putting the wrong pieces together," Penny said with a smirk.

Will looked up at her then back at his model, ignoring what she said about 'the wrong pieces.'

Y/N walked up to them and she bent down next to the bed to see what Will was making. It looked like the robot. Round face, tall body. Why would he make something like that?

"I wanted something to remember him by," Will said, not catching his mistake.

"What do you mean? Isn't he somewhere else, like, you told him to go somewhere," Y/N asked.

Will froze and looked the other way.

"Will? Is there something your not telling me?"

Y/N put her hand on Will's shoulder, causing him to tense up. She noticed and quickly pulled her hand away, still keeping her eyes glued to Will. She kept on staring at him before he sighed and met her eyes.

"I-I, I made the robot walk off a cliff," Will stuttered.

Y/N didn't even gasp. Her eyes didn't widen, her face expression didn't change. Nothing physical, only emotional. She felt like the world gave a mighty big punch right in the middle of her stomach.

"You-you what?!"

"I'm sorry, I only for it for the best!"

"No! No you did not! He was my robot too! He was my friend too! I didn't even get to say goodbye to him! We agreed that we would both help him! You didn't ask me about my opinion! My opinion, Will," Y/N shrieked.

Tears welled in Will's eyes as he reached for Y/N's hand. Y/N shook her head and pulled back. She tried to get far from Will who was standing up. Penny just sat and watched silently, knowing that nothing could help Y/N right at this moment. She also knew that her brother had messed up big time.

Y/N hugged and she stormed out of the room, Will close behind her.

"Y/N wait!"

"No, please leave me alone," Y/N lowered her voice, trying not to cry.

She had lost 3 friends in that week. 2 of them were people she couldn't trust or people that couldn't trust her. And the robot was the 3rd one.

Now, he was her favorite.

Y/N stomped off the ramp out of the Jupiter and she heard Will's hurried footsteps right behind her.

"You know, I think we need a break from being friends," Y/N said calmly.