I nodded again, extremely excited that I finally was getting to learn something. 

"Well, I need you to picture the mind you want to find, picture all of your surroundings and minds surrounding it. Picture the rivers, feel their energy. Feel the walls. Yes I know you can just walk through but I can't so we'll have to go around them. Now, create the quickest path and make it show in a glowing line on the floor that only you and I can see. From there we will be able to just follow the line you made and boom, quickest and easiest way there. This is some really basic stuff so if you can do this I'll know how much work I'll need to put into you." 

"Okay." I said, smiling excitedly as I followed his instructions. I followed each of his steps before imagining a glowing line on the ground that we could follow before placing it into Coeus' mind too.

Soon enough the line appeared on the ground. I turned to Coeus excitedly who shook his head at me disappointedly. 

"Terrible." He said sadly, "We have so much more work than I was expecting." 

I just stared at him hard, trying to figure out whether he was kidding or not. I tend to be extremely gullible especially considering I literally have the power to read people but I got nothing from him. His aura and mind were completely hidden away and blocked off I never had any idea whether he was serious or not. 

Suddenly he burst into booming laughter and I nodded. 

"HOW CAN ANYONE BE THAT GULLIBLE! You did fine kid, lets go." 

"Oh my god I am SUCH AND IDIOT!" I yelled out in frustration, a few dead people and guards that were passing by looking at me strangely. 

I waved and smiled sheepishly, following Coeus who was literally wheezing at my capability of making situations way more awkward than they needed to be. 

I punched him on the arm to get him to shut up but I guess I was annoyed because I punched him MUCH harder than I actually meant to. He went flying across the room, landing in a pit filled with dead people who were scared of being stuck in dark pits with no way out. 

"Shit." I mumbled, running in there, grabbing him from all the dead people trying to climb onto him to somehow get out of the pit before running teleporting back out and back to where we were standing. 

Coeus shivered a little, his eyes wide. 

"I have a fear of pits. I was locked in one for a thousand years once when some stupid god got mad at me for not using my powers to help him take over a planet."

I cringed, patting his giant back. 

"I'm so so sorry! I mean, in my defense, how the hell was I supposed to know that!"I said defensively, cringing as he shivered a little, staring back at the giant pit in horror. 

"You're a mind reader!" He shot back. 

"You know I can't read your mind!" 

"Well, sorry for thinking you wouldn't go throwing me into a pits! If I had known I would have warned you!"

"I didn't really throw you in! I accidentally punched you too hard and you fell in." I pointed out. 

"DOES THAT MAKE A DIFERENCE?!" Coeus screeched, his voice higher than I'd ever heard it. 

I cringed, "No, no, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" 

He nodded before shakily standing up. I went to pat him to make him feel better and he jumped away from me, raising his hands in defense, his eyes still wide and shocked. 

I raised my hands in defense and we silently went back to following the line. 

I got uncomfortable with the silence and decided to voice was I was thinking. 

"Hey Coeus?" 

"Yes?" He said warily. 

"You're still going to keep teaching me, right? You know I'm really sorry."

"No." 

"You know I really have absolutely no idea whether you're kidding or not." 

He turned to me with a serious expression. He stepped towards me and just as I was about to say something else to break the awkward silence he grabbed my arm, launching me into a pit of lava. 

I screamed at the overwhelming heat and shock, immediately teleporting myself back next to Coeus, bits of cooling lava still sticking and dripping from my clothes and hair. 

Just as I was about to pounce on him and throw him back into another fucking pit he pointed behind me and said, "Oh look, your parents." 

I froze, turning around, unsure whether he was kidding to find my two parents, kneeling on a platform. 

An exact replica of the platform the used to whip me on. The special whip they had made for me to create the most damage possible sitting in a handy little holder next to the platform and I bucket of boiling water sitting next to that. 

There was a little note taped to the whip with my name on it. I walked over and opened it. 

In case you wanted a little revenge. You're welcome.

- Hades

As I was reading the note Coeus walked over to inspect my parents, most likely reading their minds. 

He leaned over towards my father, thinking for a moment and then before I could even react he kicked him in the face, a bored look on his face. 

"So these are your parents? Huh..." He said before giving me an encouraging thumbs up and wandering off to go watch the other dead people, occasionally kicking someone after reading their minds." 

I took a deep breath, walking around the platform so Alpha and Luna Green could see me. To be completely honest I'm not even sure what their first names are. It was always just Alpha and Luna Green to everyone, including me. 

They looked at me in confusion for a couple seconds, blinking a little as they tried to piece together what was happening. They had died a little while after I did so they had already spent about 45 years in here so they were a little fuzzy. 

Diving into their minds I discovered their own pack murdered them. I couldn't help but be a little satisfied with that. I barely even went into their minds and I was already overwhelmed with negativity. Especially towards me. 

This was definitely not going to be fun. 

What even is the point of this? 

'Fight your nightmares. They are not stronger than you, they can't control you. Just talk to them and you'll see. They have no power over you and never will again.' Coeus said gently in my mind. 

I took a deep breath and nodded. 

I've got this.