Just like that their friendship is blooming and today they are going for shopping as Zain has to buy something and Amaya just simply can't refuse his puppy face.

"What do you need to buy anyway Zain?"

"Okay basically I need to restock my toiletries and other basic kitchen things which I have no idea about please help me....."Zain said making his baby face again. Doing all those dramas which Amaya finds annoyingly cute.

"Fine Drama queen let's get your shopping done."

Walking between the aisles of the supermarket, Zain cracks various of jokes on the products they are selling, half of them he simply have no knowledge about.

"What if you are a product ? What will you be?" Zain cracked yet another lame thing.

"You say, because anyway you will not agree to me."

"Such a spoilsport you are Amu.. Okay you say it first then I will say my views on it."

"Cool man, maybe I will prefer to be chai, no matter people will be addicted to me."

"You just have a thing for chai, you know that right?"

"I do."

"I think I will be coffee then?"

"Nope you will be chocolate, you are too sweet to be coffee."

"Yuck.. I think if you will be chai then I will be the cigarette. One have to count on me for enjoying you."

"That's so cheeee"

Like that they are becoming best friends, soul companions in this city which started feeling home now.

Sitting by the beach, the sunset is eternal. The sky is painted in pink, orange, blue leaving a certain feeling of soothing essence behind. Maybe today the presence of each other is making them feel home.

The hiraeth is long gone, maybe in each other company. Zain looks at Amu, she is simply beautiful, living in her own sunshine painting both of their void canvas's with hues of her laughter and companionship. She have became someone that Zain can trust, he can rely upon, in just few months. Someone he wants to talk to.

"I had lost my parents when I was ten." He started talking, about something he never talked to someone in years, with anyone.

".....I was in my school, Taya abbu came to take me back. And when I entered our place, I got to know that I had become an orphan. I cried for three days straight, after that Taya Abbu and Tayi Ammi had become my parents, and Aapi my only friend.

I never made any other friend ever, not in school and never in college. I was always afraid of losing my closed ones, so I simply never let anyone get close to me.

You are the one person I became friend with, even without trying. It feels so natural with you."

"You don't have to put efforts to be friends Zain. Friendship is the most effortless yet most significant relation in our life.

And same here, even I don't have other friend than you, yes there are colleagues but then again there is a change in our schedule in every three months. You are the only person I became close to after years."

"There is a certain calmness I feel after talking to you. Something I never felt with anyone else."

"Maybe because you never talked to anyone else Zain, like you use to talk with me. You said it yourself, you never let anyone come close to you."

" I did. I let someone close to me, but I think I was too afraid to lose her, so I just never told her about my feelings, and someone else did. And she chose him. I just saw her leave. And when I look back today I understand, I am not really in love with her, I am in love with the girl whom I met in some strange stall who I think was her. But that's past now and."

"And past is not a place you should live in Zain. You have to live in the present. And about her, if you never told her anything or let alone talk to her for once, how can you know it was love or not.
Love is something which you, me or anyone can never describe in words Zain. So I think you should let it go."

"I did. And honestly today as I talk about it, I am feeling blessed to have you by my side. Someone who always listens to me, someone from whom I always want to hear something."

"Seriously, I think we are becoming best friends now."

"Right best friend. So tell me about yourself, only if you are.."

"Dude we are besties, of course I am comfortable with you. Basically my parents were separated. My father was pretty much abusive, so they got divorced and then after few years I moved back to India to get done with my high school. Ammi was doing her Post Doctoral that time, so India was a safer option.

Last year my father died, leaving all his property for Ammi. He was a failed husband and a failed father too, but in his deathbed all he said was just a sorry, and left.

I never know what I feel for him, or if there is something I even feel for him or not. Maybe I don't feel anything for him at all and honestly it's better that way. Ammi is a professor and lives in London.

I always wanted to fly, so I became a pilot. I love to fly. And now I got you, a crazy annoying yet a cute bestie Zain, whom I can share my chai with."

"Ohho.. you think I am cute, well that's something new, people generally finds me handsome but I guess cute is also good."

"And here I thought only I am self obsessed. Well for a fact I am way more cute than you."

"I agree on that Amu.. So no love life too. Like no relationship and all?"

"No for now, there is no such love life."

"Any past boyfriend? Let me guess. Maybe no to that too"

"Wrong guess Zain Sir. Try a bit harder."

"So one boyfriend?"

"One failed marriage."

"Sorry what?"

"I am divorced Zain. I was married once."

Author's note

So...... How's it? Please do let me know.
How are you guys doing?
How are you guys even dealing with this pandemic?
Hopefully you all are safe and so as your family.
My instagram handle is @kefimysa. Do follow me there.
Take care of yourself and be happy.

And before I forgot. This is again dedicated to my one and only Ruhi_24 . Today again when I was like should I just end this book or something, out of nowhere she dm me like when will you update, and here it is. I love you ❤️.