🍓I Won't Let You Down🍓

Byakuya x Renji / mega angst, read at your own risk.

A/n: This takes place in Hueco Mundo after Ichigo leaves for the real world.

Third person POV

"Isane, could you possibly speed up the healing process? I need to go and help Kuchiki-taicho" the red-head pleaded as he looked towards the 4th squad's lieutenant.

"Patience, Renji, I am healing you as fast as I can, but your injuries are way too serious to let you go off so easily. Now, if you keep quiet, you will heal faster" her calm voice answered back as Renji huffed and closed his eyes.

Byakuya, I will come to you as soon as possible. Just stay alive until I'm healed.

Meanwhile...

"Shire, Senbonzakura" the male's calm voice was heard, as his sword slowly turned into millions of little sakura petals.

"Huh? What's that? Do you think that just some flower petals will hurt me?! Are you underestimating me?!" yelled the 0 espada.

"Glad you noticed it" answered back the captain, with amusement in his voice.

"Temee" and before he could even continue the Sakura petals surrounded him in a giant ball. Byakuya looked at the blades with a satisfied face and turned around as he started walking towards Unohana's squad.

Suddenly there was a gust of wind and Byakuya turned around to see the espada still standing and the petals went back to the sword.

"You did a huge mistake shinigami!" yelled Yamy as he opened his mouth a fired a cero straight to Byakuya. The captain quickly dodged by quickly making a kido wall in front of him.

"Well, I didn't want to get to that point with you, but you give me no choice" sighed Byakuya and turned his sword towards the ground.

"Bankai" the Espada's eyes widened as he saw the sword go in the ground.

"Kensei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. This is Senbonzakura's true form and I only use it when I really want my enemy dead. Pray while you still can" said Byakuya in his calm voice as swords lined around them.

"N-n-nani?! What is this shit? Do you think you can destroy me with a few flower petals?! Again?! Didn't you see what happened earlier?!" yelled angrily the espada.

"That was my shikai. I wouldn't expect you to die from it. Not immediately that is" answered the captain calmly as he brought his right hand forth, a sword going to his hand as it materialized.

"Preper to die. Espada" said the last word with disgust as he looked determined at his opponent.

"Now, this is getting fun!" smirked the espada as he opened his mouth to fire another cero.

The captain quickly switched the sword to his left hand and used his right hand to maneuver the petals and form a wall in front of him as the cero hit the wall.

"Muda" said Byakuya and shunpoed in front of his opponent, jumping and bringing the sword up as he started attacking back.

Meanwhile...

"Renji, you're healed" said Isane as the green light over Renji faded.

"Thanks you, Isane" smiled Renji as he got up, grabbed his sword and started heading towards his captain.

He finally reached his captain and saw that he was using his bankai and smiled.

"Glad you're okay, taicho" said Renji as he sat down and waited for the barrier to go down. Suddenly there was grumbling and hollows started coming out of the ground again.

"Oh my God just give me a break already!" whined Renji as he got up and turned around to face the hollows.

"Howl, Zabimaru!" yelled and started taking care of the hollows. Time passed quickly and suddenly he felt his captain's reiatsu weakening.

"Byakuya, please don't die! Not without me at least!" he whispered and turned around momentarily to see that the barrier was still up.

Meanwhile...

The captain panted, his arms bleeding with bruises and slashes on his chest and torso. He stumbled back, grabbing the wound on his left side of the stomach and pressuring it so he doesn't die from blood loss.

"Well? What is it? Is that all you got? If I recall correctly you said that you wanted to kill me" mocked the espada as he panted heavily as well, he had many more wounds than Byakuya.

"Why do you guys always want to make me use my ultimate techniques? Do you have a death wish or something?" said Byakuya with a smirk.

"Senbonzakura Kageyoshi" said as all the blades turned into petals.

"What do you have up your sleeve this time?" asked curiously the Espada.

"Well, I don't have sleeves to have something up them" answered mockingly Byakuya. This wasn't his usual self and he knew it.

He was dying and he knew it.

He reached his hand out as he maneuvered his blades towards the espada.

"Senbonzakura Sakurashini" (yes I made it up lol, also Sakurashini is supposed to mean blossoming death that's how I imagined it). The petals clung to the espada's body, rather than just isolate him.

And with one sharp move of his tight hand, the petals slashed the espada simultaneously, making him scream and fall to the ground as he died.

Byakuya panted and fell to the ground, his bankai's barrier falling down and the sword going back to his Zanpakutou state.

"Byakuya!" Renji's anxious voice was heard as the captain fell in the ground, his kimono turning red.

"BYAKUYA! PLEASE DON'T DIE!" Renji yelled as he kneeled next to him and looked him in the eyes.

"Ren...ji" said weakly Byakuya as he went to touch his cheek.

"Don't talk Byakuya, it will be fine, I will take you to Isane and she will heal you!" said anxiously the lieutenant as he went to pick him up when Byakuya's hand stopped him.

"It's too late. I will die even if you take me to Isane-fukutaicho. I'd rather spend my last moments with you alone" said Byakuya as tears streamed down Renji's face.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry I couldn't protect you! I'm sorry I couldn't do my job correctly! I failed you as your lieutenant! I failed you as your lover!" cried Renji as his shoulders shook.

"You shouldn't be. I knew that I was sacrificing myself but I don't care. I would rather die then lose you. I couldn't lose the one person that I truly cared and loved. I don't want you to cry, Renji. You will become an amazing captain. Tell Rukia that I love her and that I couldn't have asked for a better sister. Be careful, I don't want you to cry because of me. Live a long and happy life. Find someone you love and give them your everything. I'm sorry I couldn't stay by your side longer. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the family that you deserved. I truly am. I'm sorry for leaving you, but always remember. I will forever be with you and love you endlessly" his eyes closed and his breathing slowed down.

"Sayonara, Renji. See you in the afterlife" said Byakuya as he opened his eyes and looked Renji in the eyes, the last thing he saw was his lover's beautiful eyes shining through the tears.

"How could you say something like this even on your verge of death? I will forever love you Byakuya, even if I die. I promise to become a great captain, be as good as you, not that I can achieve it. I will not let you down!" cried Renji as he hugged his captain's kimono to his chest and closed his eyes as he fell unconscious, the sixth division's captain's kimono tightly hugged against his chest.