ONE | The one where they say goodbye...

"Wake up" my mom called me, it was 4 in the morning why ugh.Oh wait a minute! Im flying to new york today ahhhhh!

I have always dreamed of this,I cannot believe this day is finally here.I remember crying when my friends bullied me for studying a lot,about my glasses,why i didn't have boy friends or date anyone.Jokes on you here i am today living the best life i could ask for ,my hard work has finally paid off . Tears started welling up in my eyes ofc it were tears of happiness.

"You won't go anywhere in the future,never expect to be successful" *slap* "I will never pay for you." Memories of my father came rushing down and i felt helpless.I have been suffering from anxiety since grade 8,my trauma resulted in tic disorder and OCD .I was always made fun for staring at the clock again and again,scratching my hair and plucking them out unknowingly whenever i got stressed,thankfully the tics are reducing now.

But here I am today finally moving to new york,in the one bedroom apartment i decided to live on rent.
I got dressed up and wore a black turtle neck with jeans and a woolen coat.
I hopped downstairs and had breakfast which my mom made. This was the last breakfast i will be having with them for the next one year.My dad had some office work so he had to leave early but he promised me he would reach on time to drop me off to the airport.

"Did you pack all of your stuff Rhea?" She asked me,with a hint of sadness in her face.
"Yes mamma i did,I will be back soon and send money every month. Please don't cry" i said pressing her hand in reassurance.
She wiped away her tears and said "my little girl has grown up so much,grandma will be proud of you."

O My grandma she was one of the sweetest people i met,she was always with me through the good and bad.Yes she did have an old mentality about dating and stuff but she was different.

I mean why would someone wanna date me-
No Rhea Taylor Brown you cannot be like this. you are the most amazing person on earth,you are so strong even after having gone through so much.look at yourself you have bloomed into a beautiful flower.
I said to myself. I always tried practicing self love.I knew no one would love me the way i loved my self,hell no one even cared i existed.

After i finished eating breakfast my dad knocked on the door.my mom welcomed my dad in and he came and sat for breakfast.
I think he was in a bad mood.He always was.
I don't know why but i always shivered at the sight of him or even at the thought of him being angry!

After a while, he spoke up "So are you ready to go the new york?"
"Yeah.." i replied, i was scared to say anything more as I feared it would be used against me.
"So have you got the money required to move in and all?" He asked watching me intently, " yes i have some saved, which i collected while working as a waitress in the diner across the street,birthday savings,few loans- " I said.
" so you won't be taking anything from me right?"
"No papa" i said,even thought i wanted some,i was in a really tight situation.I might need to work my ass off if i wanted to continue living in new york.

I wonder how my apartment in Queens would look like? how the people of Queens are?

After we ate breakfast my entire family which consisted of my dad and I drove to the airport.

I sat watching the car pass by intently thinking off how my dream was going to turn into reality soon and what chapter was next.