-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"you know i seriously don't support this right?" the brunette girl told her boyfriend who was currently snorting the white powder. "it's just for fun babe, i don't do it that often."

"somehow i seriously doubt that." she whispered. "i just don't like how you get after it's kicked in, you don't act like yourself." clara said. "why are you so uptight all the time, you should relax. you act like a mother." he replied.

"oh well excuse me for caring about you, it's not like that stuff can seriously hurt you or anything." she scoffed.

"yeah well i'm being careful about it, you need to let loose more often. i don't like when you get like this you're becoming a drag." rafe told her. "a drag? i'm becoming a drag? you know what i cant look at your face without having the urge to punch you so i'm leaving." she said while getting off his bed. "whatever." he scoffed.

clara made her way out of her boyfriends room making sure to slam the door after her, she couldn't deal with this side of him for too long or they'd get into a huge fight and she didn't have the energy for that.

when she had arrived at her house a certain blonde haired boy stood on her porch looking particularly out of place. he looked a bit worn out and out of shape.

"hey what's up?" she asked stepping closer to him. she then noticed several bruises on his face and arms. "what the fuck happened?" she asked rather loudly.

"uh can i tell you inside i just really can't feel my head." jj replied. "oh yeah of course here." she offered her arm for help.

while jj was sitting on claras bed she returned with a first aid kit, and starting to tend to the fresh bruises. "you know you don't have to this right?" he asked her. "yeah well do you want them to get infected? plus you came to me so i have to help" the girl replied.

"so what happened if you don't mind me asking" she said while looking up at the boy. "i don't really bring this up often or like at all, it's not that i don't trust to tell anyone it's just that i don't wanna make myself seem weak." he said. "huh? i'm not gonna judge you, you know that right." clara said.

"my dad..... he did this. he actually does this a lot." jj replied. "jj."

she pulled the boy in for a hug expecting for it not to be returned but was surprised when she felt the strong grip around her waist. she felt tears dripping on her shirt but they were silent, a sign that the person crying had been through this multiple times. she honestly didn't know what to say when the words had left his mouth and she felt bad that she couldn't give him any helpful advice, but she doubted anything she'd say would help him. the best thing to do was give him the comfort he was clearly lacking.

"sorry i ruined your shirt." he pulled away laughing. she stared at the boy shocked that he was able to laugh after what had happened to him. "you're unbelievable, come on let's go." she said to him with a smile. "what where?"

"i don't know, anywhere?" she replied. "yeah great let's just go anywhere, do you have a map? we need directions to anywhere." he said sarcastically, "a map? who the heck uses maps anymore? just follow me." clara replied while pulling out her car keys and making her way downstairs.

"well ok i'd follow you to the ends of the earth." he slyly said while making his was downstairs. "shut up."

when they reached their destination, clara made her way to the trunk to pull out two towels. "seriously the beach? wow that's never been done before." jj commented.

"well i mean the suns setting so i thought it'd be pretty." she replied while frowning, "we can go somewhere else if you want to." "no no i was just joking." he said feeling kind of bad.

"hey i never asked you what's up." jj said taking a towel for himself and setting it on the sand beside claras. "what do you mean?" she asked confused. "i don't know i might be way off but you don't seem like your usual chirpy self."

"oh yeah well i got into a fight." clara told the blonde boy. "huh?! a fight with who? i swear i'll kick their ass, unless it's a girl then that'd be a problem." he quickly replied.

"with rafe." "oh that's perfect i don't care who's at fault here any chance i'd get to beat him up is a win win." he replied. "what? you can't do that. you'd totally lose." the girl joked. "you know that really hurt, i thought for once you'd be on my side here." jj said while pretending to wipe his tears. "there are no sides." she laughed. "yeah there totally are."

"anyways what'd you fight about?" he asked her. "cocaine." "umm the fuck? were you like fighting over it?" he questioned. "what?! no way i don't do that shit, i was just telling him i don't like how he gets after using and he got defensive basically accusing me of being controlling, but whatever i don't wanna think about that right now." she said. "but really, do i look like i'd do cocaine?" "meh maybe in secret." he joked.

"hey!" she laughed while jokingly punching his arm. "do you wanna go for a swim?" she said out of nowhere.

"sure." he replied taking his shirt off. "hurry up slow poke." jj said running towards the water. "cheater." clara replied while taking her clothes off, she was wearing a lavender bikini.

she ran after him quickly splashing jj with the cold water. "fuck that's cold." he said splashing her back. "jerk." she responded laughing. "i think this was a seriously bad idea." she said trembling. "yeah well it was yours." jj replied swimming closer to the brunette haired girl. "can i warm you up?" "are you flirting with me?" she said looking up at him. "whatttt no way, i'm simply offering a totally platonic hug." jj replied.

"yeah sure whatever, i'll take it but just because i'm freezing my ass off." clara said laughing.

𝑲𝑰 𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑲𝑺 🏃‍♀️:

PLEASE READ

helloooo, i know i haven't updated in forever but i was having trouble finding out what i wanted to do with this story so sorry about that ! i also wanted to say that i will not be including the treasure hunting content of outer banks maybe i'll mention it here and there but i mainly wanna focus on claras life/ relationships, i'm doing this because i find it a bit repetitive since many books focus on it and also since she's a kook the pogues probably wouldn't tell her anything about it.
if anyone has some suggestions on what they wanna see in upcoming chapters PLEASE comment them here >
id really appreciate it because i b lacking most of the time 😔✋🏼
anyways ! thank you so much for reading
have a nice day/night ! <3