"Really? Is she coming here or what?" I asked her excitedly.

"No. Sarada Aunty arranged a pooja at Goddess Lakshmi's temple. We are going to attend it, and we will get a chance to meet her there," she informed me and ushered me to get ready as we had to reach the temple soon.

I instantly trotted towards the washroom to freshen up.

(Aarna's look)

When I was done, I came out wearing my amber and magenta-colored Kanchi pattu(silk) lehenga and matched it with the temple jewelry. I wore it because my Dad always adores me in traditional attire, and pattu(silk) lehengas are always a classic on every occasion in Telugu households. It's a symbol of tradition and cultural bond.  

We were still staying at Daksha Akka's parent's house. So when I went downstairs, everyone was already there in their traditional attire and we soon reached that temple.

While walking ahead, I saw Indra Anna(brother) was waiting outside of the temple for us. When he caught the sight of us, he came to us and greeted everyone except me, making me roll my eyes at his petty behavior, and I knew what was going to come on my way next.

"Rishu, where is my devil sis? Why can't I see her with you all?" He asked her while passing a teasing grin to me, which earned a snicker from Yuktha Akka(sister), who was beside me.

"Rishu! Looks like someone has gotten a poor vision! " Scoffing, I exclaimed.

After hearing this, he turned in my direction and gave me a look of surprise as if he had noticed me just now.

Rishu and Yuktha Akka went into the temple after shaking their heads at our behavior, leaving us both to continue our banter.

"Oh my! Aaru, is that you? Why did you dress up like a girl?" He asked me with a feigned look of disbelief on his face.

"What do you mean by ‘like a girl? I am a girl, okay? You ignorant gull !" Louring, I pointed my forefinger towards him.

When he was ready to retort back, he got interrupted by my Pedha nanna(Dad's eldest brother).

"You both started your nonsense here too? Indra, she is younger than you. So, as the eldest one, be more sensible," he scolded my Anna while winking at me.

I grinned at him and showed him a thumbs up. All the while, Indra Anna was throwing glares at me. Seeing this, I stuck my tongue out at him and ran inside the temple while giggling all the way.

When I went inside the temple, I saw that Daksha Akka was talking to my Dad and another uncle who seemed to be the same age as my father.

Looks like my Dad was introducing her to that uncle. So, I went towards them and passed a full-blown smile to my Daksha Akka(sister), which she returned immediately with a smile.