Chapter 4

I leave Jeff's office and get back to mine along with Chris. He shows me the various websites, what all needs to be improved and the basic plan for now. He then leaves me alone to research on my own and I bury myself in work as I am really not feeling that tired from my journey. Suddenly a knock on the glass door is what makes me jump and realise I haven't checked the time at all.

I turn around to find it's Aa Ra Unnie, "Are you going to work the entire night on your first day?" She asks while stepping in.

The clock on my desk tells me it's almost 8 PM, "I lost track of time. I mean there is a lot to do and I just couldn't think of anything else." Why really, is what I wonder, too? Maybe the lack of commitment at home? At my previous jobs, I would be out the door just on time without a second thought.

"We all are going out to eat, so I thought of getting you to come with us. You could meet everyone else and not spend your first night in South Korea alone." She explains motioning towards the open door.

"You are a life-saver, Unnie," I tell her as I begin packing my stuff. "But as you know I am a vegetarian and I don't think that everybody else would prefer going to a vegan place just for me."

"We'll take care of that, let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fall asleep in no time when I reach home. I did not expect my first night here to be like this, more off about remembering home and calling my mom while being homesick. Long story short, Aa Ra Unnie got me some delicious fast food packed from outside which I devoured in the private dining room. The entire night was like an ice breaker as I ended up meeting many of the Big Hit employees.

Whenever I asked how it was working with BTS, everyone just shook their head with a dazed smile. The only answer I got was that they don't seem like superstars in the building, much more like young men but nothing like the millionaires' everyone imagines.

After that most people wanted to head for the karaoke bar as it was the weekend the next day. But I was too tired to really accompany them. Aa Ra Unnie also left with me and invited me to her place for the weekend. It makes me happy to know that I'll have someone to show me around instead of having to hike the entire place alone. I hope I enjoy it!