¤~|| Chapter Eight | The Depths ||~¤

Start from the beginning

As he said that, Seven heard a nearby vent open with some shreiks. Two cussed in the weird language like Mono did and somehow Seven understood it, "If those are harpies, they'll find out where our Hideout is," she then turned to another vent and pointed to it, "This way, c'mon!" She said while running into it.

They quickly followed behind, Seven turned to see the familiar figures of the harpies rattling the vent. They were smaller than the harpies they encoutered before, but Seven knew they would be just as nasty.

The vent turned, many times. And the farther they walked the vent, there was something stirring in Seven's gut. It was like a familiar feeling that Seven couldn't put his finger on. He quickly placed his hand on the vent wall and felt something rushing on the other side. His eyes widened, it was water.

He remembered that he always had this feeling when there is water very nearby. Actually, he always felt it since they are in a submarine ship. But Seven just shook off the feeling, it only came around when he knew water is very, very near.

"Seven! Hurry up!" He heard Mono called out and he continued running, he felt like he could do something, but he didn't know if he could really do it.

The harpies got closer and there was a grille at the other end. One was now opening it with Two and Five helping him. Six, Seven, and Mono gaurded them.

The harpies stood, there seemed to be just ten of them. They sqwaked and the one in front licked its lips, "What a feast! Athena, Demeter, Notus, Artemis, Hecate, and Poseidon all in one place!"

They sqwaked hungrily and lunged for them, Seven took a deep breath and reached out to his gut feeling and to where the water was. He hoped this would work and consentrated hard.

Suddenly the vent wall to the left shot open and a gust of water broke through, washing all the harpies out of the vent to the other wall. They all shrieked in alarm and fell to the other side. The water now died down, when some of it landed on Seven, he felt stronger.

Six, Mono, Five and Two looked at Seven with dumbfounded faces, One was still busy trying to open the vent grille. Seven faced them and shifted uncomfortably, "What?"

"Well, you're not anymore undertermind," Mono noted while looking over the vent hole that Seven just did.

When One was finally finished opening the vent grille, he turned back at them and blinked, "Uh just what happened?" One asked "I thought the harpies were there," he said.

"They were, until Seven washed them out," Six said.

"A son of Poseidon," Two mumbled then turned to the open vent grille, "Anyways, let's go. Actually it's good we know about this... We are taking the nearest route to the Hideout which has more water," she said and hopped out of the vent.

Five beamed at Seven, "That was awesome!" He said.

"Apples!" Apples the karpos agreed.

Seven smiled sheepishly, "Uh yeah, thanks."

Five smiled as he and Apples hopped on out of the vent, One was next. Six chuckled, "So that's why you understood Mono in his horse form, of course you would," she said.

"Uh why?" Seven asked.

"Poseidon is the Lord of Horses, newbie," Mono explained, "He even sired the Pegasus," he said.

Seven blinked once the information went in his mind and he thought about it. He turned to Mono terrified, "Sired... like... The Pegasus is the Poseidon's son? Are you saying I have a pegasus as a brother?" He asked.

Author: Oh Seven if you only knew.... *shakes head*

"Yup. If you only knew, there are more beings that are sired from Poseidon, the Pegasus is one of them," Mono said and hopped out the vent. Seven just looked like he ate something sour, "That's just weird..." he mumbled.