Chapter 35

The four of us stood outside of the restaurant, listening to Killua. Our targets were on the move, so we had to follow them with Zetsu. Leorio was instructed to stay behind while Gon, Killua, and I follow the Spiders.

"I'm guessing you two have never tailed anyone before?" Killua turned to Gon and I.

"Nope." I replied as I shoved my hands into my pockets.

"Um- Well... yeah." Gon began, "During the Hunter Exam, I trailed Hisoka." Gon stated, and both Killua and I jumped.

"Really? Without him noticing?!" Killua exclaimed.

"Yeah, I was on his tail for a whole day." Gon replied.

"That's so awesome, Gon!" I grinned, and the boy sheepishly smiled.

"Wow, not bad!" Leorio complimented him. Suddenly, Killua hit Gon in the head.

"Ow... Why did you hit me?" Gon whined as he rubbed his head.

"Huh? No reason." Killua replied and I swiftly hit Killua on the head.

"Ow! What was that for, idiot?!" Killua exclaimed as he also held his head.

"Oh? No reason." I smugly replied. Killua growled at my teasing.

"What the hell..." He grumbled angrily as he continued to rub his aching head.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" I smirked as he scoffed.

"Well then, Gon you shouldn't have a problem. Be sure to stay out of their field of vision." Killua stated as he turned to Gon, who nodded.

"Korudo, you're coming with me." Killua added, and I perked up.

"Hm? Why?" I tilted my head at his statement.

"Because you don't have a phone, so we can't communicate with you." He replied, and I nodded in realization.

"Let's go." Killua stated as he grabbed my wrist.

"Yeah!" Gon grinned as he ran off.

"W-Woah!" I exclaimed as Killua dragged me somewhere.

"The targets have passed the plaza
and entered a side street." Killua spoke into his phone as we crouched on top of a building.

"Okay, confirmed." I heard Gon's muffled voice on the other side of the phone.

"Do they know we're here?" Gon added, and Killua shifted.

I was currently sitting down, not really interested in the hunt. I had more concerning thoughts still bouncing around in my mind.

"It's okay. We're using Zetsu, so they shouldn't notice us unless something's really wrong. But they're on constant guard against pursuers, so stay vigilant." Killua told Gon over the phone.

"Yeah. You guys be careful too." Gon stated and I heard Killua scoff before hanging up.

"Tsk, he's telling me to be careful?" He grumbled. I snickered at his attitude, causing him to look down at my sitting form.