Chapter 27

I sighed as Ging's recording stopped. Gon had stopped it after his dad asked if he wanted to know about his mother.

Gon got up and started walking away. Movement caught my attention and I looked in it's direction. I jumped as I saw the tape rewinding.

"Gon! The tape, it's rewinding all by itself!" I panicked as I pointed to the cassette player. Gon spun around at my statement and ran back to us.

"Wait what?!" He exclaimed as he examined the tape. My eyes widened as I noticed aura surrounding the player.

"Is that aura?! It's Nen!" Killua yelled as he also noticed the aura.

"That's what's rewinding the tape!" I replied as we all stared at the aura.

"Then he's close! he's got to be!" Gon started frantically looking around and Killua shook his head.

"No. Over ten years ago he imbueded it with Nen, so it started rewinding the minute it stops." Killua explained and I just stared at the tape as it was almost finished rewinding.

"But why?" Gon asked.

"I have no idea." Killua replied. The tape stopped rewinding and the record button was pressed down.

"Look now its recording! Wait I think I get it, he's erasing his voice!" Killua stated and both Gon and I jumped.

"What?!" Gon shouted as he ran over to unplug the cassette player. "It wont stop dammit! It's still going even when I unplug it!" He exclaimed as the cassette player continued recording.

"I'm breaking it, Sorry!" Killua stood up and punched the player. It flew across the room and hit Gon's closet doors. However, it still continued to record, causing Killua to panick.

"Korudo! Try freezing it or something!" Killua demanded and I ran over to the player lying on the ground. I tried to focus my aura on Ging's but it was just too powerful. It only pushed mine away everytime I tried to grasp it with my aura. I couldn't freeze it.

"It's not working! His Nen is way too strong!" I exclaimed as I fell backwards onto the floor from my kneeling position.

"Crap! It's no use! The nen's protecting it!" Killua sighed after stomping on the cassette player.

"Looks like it's finished." Gon stated as the recording of us panicking finished.

"Man, this sucks." I sighed and Killua plopped down next to me.

"The duplicate cassette tape was completely wiped, too." Killua stated as he took the tapes out.

"I just don't get why he would go through all this trouble." Gon sighed as he looked at the tapes.

"He probably didn't want to leave any clues for us." Killua said and Gon looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You could extract a whole lot of information from a simple audio clip." Killua stated and I leaned backwards onto the floor, now lying down.

"Really?" Gon gasped and Killua nodded.

"You can determine how tall the speaker likely is, their weight, age, diseases, facial features, even a psych profile. Even from the noise in the background, you can determine their exact location." Killua explained.

"That's hella creepy Killua. How do you know that? Are you a stalker or something?" I teased Killua as I stared at the cieling. My view of the cieling was quickly blocked by an irritated face hovering over mine.

"Can you be serious for one second?!" He yelled and I shrugged.

"Fine. If Ging wasn't worried about his voice being obsessively analyzed for his physical appearance, then he was worried about something else." I stated and Killua straightened up, no longer hovering over my face.