"Well! That's not exactly what went on." Nancy said when she looked through the dresser trying to pick out something to change into.

"Then what did happen last night?" asked her young friend as she sat down on the unmade bed.

"You might think I'm crazy, but I heard voices coming from in the walls last night.", Nancy said with a very confused look on her face.

"Are you sure you didn't dream it or perhaps it was mice making strange noises in the walls?" Bess questioned not taking her fired, not reading too much into the subject.

"I'm sure I heard people whispering back in fourth. The weirdest thing was that every time I would sit up or turn over the sounds would stop. It was as if I was being watched." added Nancy as she walked over to sit next to her best friend.

"It sounds like a ghost! I'm ready to leave now if it's that! I'm terrified of ghosts!" Bess shouted in almost in a complete panic as she began to nervously chew on her own fingernails, an old habit from childhood.

"I don't think so, Bess," Nancy commented while shaking her back and forth. She leaned forward to lock eyes with Bess, "There has to be something more going on in this house. I can sense a mystery hidden here."

Bess broke eye contact and lied back on the soft feather bed. Her eyes were gazing up at the crown molding around the ceiling as she replied, "You do have a way sniffing out mysteries, you are almost like a bloodhound." She glanced over at her friend while a small smile on her lips as she said, "Here we go again. I have got your back, Nancy."

Just then George came into the room and was filled in on the details, "I wonder if one these old painted wall panels hold a secret," Nancy asked, then she started tapping on the walls.

"Why are you doing that?" asked George with a look of confusion on her face.

"I'm looking for a hidden door or some sort of passageway. There has to be something behind one of these walls." She held a high heeled shoe to use as a tool for tapping on the walls. Nancy was trying to find a hollow place hidden behind the wall, by listening for an echo from the tapping.

"Even if there is a hidden room, how would they be able to see you?" asked Bess being a little too critical.

"I'm not quite sure about that yet. But there must be an explanation. Perhaps, a spyglass of some sort, who really knows. I just need some clues to figure this out."

"They may the secret door that cracked open at night, for spying on you. It gets really dark out in the country like this so you wouldn't be able to see it in the with the lights out," added George as she continued to watch Nancy performing the experiment.

"Right here, listen to the right wall sounds different. I think that there must be something behind here. Help me try to find a switch or lever to open a secret door." Exclaimed Nancy as she waved them over.

The section was about five feet wide by six-foot-wide with nothing blocking it but a small table. Nancy noted that the table was mounted to the wall and appeared to touch the floor making this the perfect entrance for a hidden passage. The three girls searched for over an hour, by pulling on every book, moving the furniture, looked behind the paintings, and even examined the painted paneled walls for hidden buttons. Despite their efforts, they could not find anything that would open a doorway. Nancy started at the wall, feeling perplexed.

"Let's try the next room over," George suggested feeling very discouraged by the lack of results for their efforts. 

<Bonus Files> Info on I love Lucy

It was an extremely popular show with a cult following, that originally aired back in the 50's. It is very beloved by four generations of my family and still makes us laugh to this very day.

Reader, do you a favorite scene or episode of "I Love Lucy"?