Chapter XXXIV: My Puny Wits Versus Big Buff Goat Dude

Kraisee certainly is "Crazy."

"So...you're a bull, I take it?" I asked; noting his horns.

"Pah!" he growled. "I'm a goat! How many times shall I correct my prey?"

"Whichever works, goatey," I replied.

He bellowed in rage then he swung his gigantic sword, but for some reason, my Temprediction didn't slow down his swing. I was caught off guard and made a late attempt of jumping off the couch. As a result, he got my shirt and made a rip from the collar to the sleeve. Fortunately, it never touched my skin.

What's wrong with my Temprediction?

"Haha! Foolish Temporanian!" Kraisee laughed. "You relied too much on Passive Techs that you forgot how to battle the real way! My weapon, Keilsh, disables every casting tech - from Sora to Tempora - when it's near me!"

He swung down his sword again and this time I was ready for it. I rolled to my left just as the blade slashed the sofa in two. It felt weird to rely on my instincts again.

The Japanese students are all almost gone from the area now. There was still distant shouting, though.

I ran behind a Drift King 2 Arcade and checked myself. I reached behind me for my Iron bow, but I remembered I lost it at sea. The Unios bow was also back in the sushi restaurant so it looks like I have to battle with my Casting Techs again.

"Where did you go?" He yelled. He must be pretty slow to not see me. This arcade is only a few feet away from the Wii stand - which is now sadly destroyed.

"You can run, but you cannot hide, Temporanian! I can smell your scent!"

In less than three seconds, I sniffed my ripped shirt, he growled then my reflexes kicked in.

I moved away from my arcade hideout just as it got crushed by a large hammer. I saw him weilding a huge hammer this time - nothing else. Where did his sword go?

Then I saw it, his hammer blurred then morphed into a javelin.

"There you are!" he threw the javelin directly at my chest. Hey, I'm a Temporanian - one of the most accurate projectile users in the world - so I know stuff.

Again, my body went numb like I got frozen. I don't know what makes me feel this way. Fear maybe? No, it felt more...unintentional than that.

The javelin was now a few meters away from me and just as I thought I'll die on a huge barbecue stick, someone shouted then somekind of whip came out of nowhere and got me out of the way.

I found myself suddenly beside Lamias - not in a Raccoon outfit this time - on a balcony. He was now wearing somekind of mechanic outfit with a tool belt, a pair of goggles on his head and a leather whip in his hands.

"I told you not to do anything life threatening." He grinned.

"No comment," I said.

"Stay by me." He nodded. He got his whip touching the floor, then it morphed into a wooden staff.

"Did your whip just-?"

"Yes, it morphs. This is my Edheros, Meryl," he explained.

"Greetings, Antonius," a female voice echoed from the staff.

"What kind of Edheros is that?"

"I'll explain later," Lamias said. "But right now, we must commence battle with the bounty hunter."