Chapter LI: Missions, Princes, Kings and Farewells [Special Upload #5]

I felt like we were forgetting something as Rein carried me out of the house. When we burst under the dim sky, I felt my heart leap. I remembered the cool breeze of the clouds. The stars and the moon partially illuminating our path, we strode on. Far away lights were visible in the horizon and the field of clouds were all flat as if made for the purpose of travelling. The city lights blinked and sparkled and Rein estimated that it was about half a mile away.

"So, is this the Rein guy?" Skye asked, walking as fast as Rein to talk to me.

"I am," Rein answered for me.

"Whoa, so is this Second Cloud?"

"It is, Lady Hart. And if an agent of darkness like Reakeis resides this close to the central city, the end is also near for this part of Sorania. We must alert Nicholas as soon as possible. A man like Reakeis, living in the outskirts of the city - it could only mean that war is going to come here in Second Cloud sooner than later."

"We just met you and you already know my name? I don't think we told you our names," Skye said. She looked at me, curiosity obvious in her gaze.

"He's Psychic," I answered.

"I am not," Rein said.

"Then what- Gah!" I was about to say, but I felt something suddenly burst in pain near my abdomen. It felt like someone stuck a primed dynamite inside of me. The pain washed over my whole system and I flinched hard.

Rein looked at me and he picked up the pace. "We need to get Anthony to a hospital as soon as possible. If we don't..."

"I'm gonna die, right?"

"No, you'll be..." But Rein didn't finish as we heard a great howl from behind us. I could feel the ground - the clouds - pulsate with the growl. Rein, Skye and Keith immediately stopped.

"That growl. I remember it," I found myself saying. "It was Kraisee's."

As if answering, a loud voice exploded behind us. The voice obviously came from the mansion we just left. "Antonius Trace, you will die here!"

From the mansion, a dark mound of shadow and darkness bounded towards us at a great speed. Rein placed me down and shouted.

"Angel's Wings!" He shouted. A string of words glowed around him and formed a glowing shape behind him. Then he hovered a few feet up and ordered, "Keith, Skye, change of plans. Go to the city as fast you can and get help. I'll hold Kraisee from running and entering the city."

"I don't understand how he morphed without daylight," Skye said.

"I do not know how, but that is not important. Now go!" He turned his back towards us. "And may the heavens favor your fate," he said before summoning his spears and flying forward at a speed of a Ferrari. As I watched him fly away towards Kraisee with his wings of light, I felt the same pain again and I cringed and moaned.

"Anthony? Anthony!" Skye said, kneeling down and cradling my head in her hands. "Please, bear with me. Your efforts to save us will be pointless if you die." (I wanted to say, "Well duh") " Just hold on." She turned to Keith and said, "Quick, let's go!"

"Right, but how are we gonna...?" Keith looked at me. I knew what he was going on about. I was practically heavier than both of them. Keith's build was too small and Skye was...well she was a girl and it seemed wrong for a girl to carry a guy. Even if she wants to, I don't think she can handle my weight anyways. But Skye had other ideas.

"Oh for pete's sake!" Skye grumbled. She dropped down and she got me on her shoulders. "So heavy- What have you been eating?" She demanded. Despite this, she managed to get me on her back. "Ready?"