Chapter XLI: Me The Memory Traveller

"Wait...you what?" I gaped at Cyrus. Okay, sure, I don't know who Bernard's parents are, but still, a murderer was helping me all this time?

Cyrus' face got dark and he sighed. "I did not kill your parents, Bernard."

"Why are you running away from the law then? Why did you escape from your prison?" Bernard glared at him. "Why did you run away from me, of all the people!"

"In our family, the Vanhelms, we always run away from a person accusing us of something that we didn't do. Especially murder."

Bernard started to tear up. "T-That's unacceptable! You always stood by me! You never break the laws. You never ESCAPE!"

"I never escaped." Cyrus shook his head.

"What?" Bernard said. "What do you mean?"

"Jason went to the Firanian Prison Sanctuary and released everyone from there."

"That's impossible! The Firanian...wait. What do you mean?"

"Yes, Tempest has overtaken the whole country - from the skies to the underground. The only safe haven now is the Soranian Kingdom - which I do not expect to hold up any longer," Cyrus said. "And so, he told us that we must join forces with the Dark King, but I refused and escaped. Now, I'm on a mission to assist the Equilizer." He looked at me as if he expected me to know who that is.

"So, without further explanation...Illusia, Hekanius, Temporanim!" Cyrus shouted then the marketplace around us turned dark and everything went black. It looked like the dark night sky swallowed us.

"No!" I heard Bernard yell on the top of his lungs. He sounded distant like we suddenly became a mile apart.

"Anthony!" Issabella yelped. Her voice distant too.

A loud high-pitched ringing echoed through my head, sending waves of pain.

"Boss!" Felix's voice sounded nearer than Bernard's or Issabella's. It seemed very near, but not near enough to be included in Cyrus' teleportation.

_________

I woke up on a park bench. My head hurt and the sun glared in my eyes. A couple of people passed by and they looked at me, speaking in a foreign language, giving me a weird look.

"You're awake." I heard a voice behind the bench. I sat up and looked around to find Cyrus sitting at the foot of the bench.

"What did you do? What happened?"

"Relax, Antonius." Cyrus chuckled. "I simply teleported us to the other side of London, and away from Bernard and your team. I sent my Edheros, Erlos, to go to them and lead them to a place we'll go soon."

"Why would you do that?" I sat up and I clutched my throbbing head. A distant blare of a ship erupted from somewhere. We must be near a river or somesort.

He stood up and held out his hand. "Stand up," He said as if he didn't hear me.

Without asking, I did what I was told.

"Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes. Whatever he's up to, my body is responding like it has it's own mind.

I felt a slight tap of something cold and hard on my forehead.

"Now open them."

The split-second I opened my eyes, the London sounds suddenly vanished as if someone pressed a mute button. My eyes expanded maybe at the size of saucers at the scene I'm looking at.