Chapter XVII: Survivors

Author's Note: I hope you guys can read Roman Numerals since the chapter labels are getting pretty hardcore. Enjoy!

Chapter XVII: Survivors

"Erica, My name is Erica Crest." She said; smoothing her wolf's fur. 

It has been 6 hours of talking, watching TV, some coffee break and more talking when she finally woke up and got herself together. 

And by I mean 'got herself together' is by not attempting to kill us. 

She awoken a few times, yes, but in a case of rage or fear that led her to almost killing both Nicholas and I. First, she almost made a deluxe chop chop Anthony when she suddenly pulled an unseen blade from her back; I guess in my father's place, they let little girls play with pointy blades. 

We took that away as she slept again.

Second, she almost made a tail-stumped Felix using an unseen knife from her hip. 

We also took that away. 

Next, a grenade from her leather pocket. 

We also got rid of that, though we kind of made quite a fireworks show outside. 

And for that last time (I hope it is), she hurtled a throwing knife from her sleeve and almost killed me by hurtling the thing at my face, but luckily I ducked and only got a little of my hair as it went through the wall. 

She did all that with closed eyes. What's with this girl? 

Well, we hope this time she won't try and murder someone. 

"That's a nice name." Nicholas said; he seemed to know his way around kids, well I don't know with armed kids, but he's doing great. So far. 

"You're Antonius, right?" She said; looking directly at me. 

"Yeah, well, people call me Anthony here." I said. 

"Oh ok." 

"Who's your friend?" Felix asked; adressing the wolf edheros. 

"Oh this, this is Alice." She said; scrambling the pup's hair which she growled at. 

Erica giggled then she gave Alice a bone shaped doggy treat from her pocket; she seemed to have many unseen objects around her body. 

"By the way, how old are you?" I asked. 

"Oh um, lets see..." she said; thinking, "Twenty-One." 

"Twenty-One?" I repeated in amazement. 

"Well, Anthony, your father has this 'special feature' in his school where the student may choose whether to look like they are now until they die or just remain and grow up until you die." Nicholas informed. 

"Um, Sir Nicholas, what year is it?" Erica asked. 

"Of course, of course. It's year 2012, April 18." Nicholas said, "And you may call me just 'Nicholas'. I feel very old when I get called like 'sir'." 

"Okay, it seems like I hit the right place and time." She said. 

I don't know but if I connect the dots, it seems like my kind has power over Time travel. 

"Temporanians can time travel?" I asked. 

Nicholas laughed like a volcano. 

"Ah, yes, I almost forgot to tell you the real story of the Time Piece." He said. 

"Year 1500 of the Althean Calendar, the war of Tempest and Althea uprised and the kingdom is near in despair. Our father - which is your grandfather - Ymir, the King of Althea, is getting old and weaker of course. Being the one and only Pri-Guardian of everything in Althea is very tiresome. And yes, all of the present Pri-Guardians now are not Pri-Guardians at that time.