"He's going to kill my friends... he's going to hurt me... he's going to take me back... I can't go back there.... I can't go back." Korudo's mumbles were short as she gasped for air. She stared at the ground, eyes wide with terror as she trembled.

"I CAN'T GO BACK!" Korudo screamed, her nen spiking. The entire field below her turned to ice, as the temperature dropped. The frosty grass poked at her knees through her pants.

Korudo could now see her breath, due to the cold temperature. It came out quickly since she couldn't control her breathing. She wasn't even fully aware of what she had just done, since she was so distracted by her thoughts.

○●○

"Hey Leorio! How's research going with Korudo?" Gon asked as he walked through the door, Killua in tow.

"Huh? What do you mean with Korudo? Isn't she with you guys?" Leorio asked as he leaned back in his chair.

"What? She said she was going to research with you." Gon tilted his head in confusion.

"That idiot..." Killua grumbled, and both males turned to him.

"She lied!" Killua yelled in frustration.

"Why would she do that?" Gon asked, a worried look on his face.

"Because she's a moron!" Killua exclaimed as he stormed out of the room.

Killua hadn't even gotten halfway down the street, when he felt a huge spike of aura. He darted in that direction, following it.

He had been running for ahwile until finding a secluded field. His eyes widened at the sight before him.

Korudo sat in the middle of the field, on the ground, clutching her chest and head as she hyperventilated. What was more surprising was that the entire field was frozen, ice coating the area.

He shivered slightly at the drop in temperature. He hesitated before walking out into the field.

"Korudo!" His voice sliced through the air, and the girl's head shot up in suprise.

The look of absolute terror on her face shook Killua to the core. He ran towards her, and she only looked away.

"Korudo, calm down." He spoke softly as he approached her. She only shook her head, unable to speak. He knelt down, sitting with her.

"He-... He's.. coming." She choked out between breaths. Korudo never wanted anybody to see her like this, but she couldn't hide anymore.

She felt a gentle hand wrap around her hand that held a handful of her shirt as she clawed at her chest. Other hand wrapped around the one that gripped her head.

She looked up to see Killua slowly pulling her hands away from her body. She could feel his warmth through her gloves. His body heat was even more apparent as the cold nipped at her skin.

"Just breathe. You can tell me when you've calmed down." Killua stated as he still held onto her hands, keeping her from clawing herself.

Korudo only closed her eyes, trying to calm her breathing. She tried to take deep breaths, which fell short, but she still continued to try and relax. She concentrated on Killua's gentle touch, because it made her feel safe.

At this point, she had reduced her hyperventilating to small pants, and she stared at the ground.

"It's... Jiroku. He's looking for me." She spoke quietly as panick once again bubbled inside her. She trembled, and Killua's grasp tightened around her hands.

"Hey, hey. Calm down, Korudo." He spoke up as he realized her panick rising again. She nodded slowly, trying to listen.

"I swear to god I'm going to kill that bastard." Killua voice shook with rage as he spoke about Jiroku. Korudo's head shot up at his statement.