MORE WINE PLEASE

I tried so hard to push it away yet it was all that clouded my mind as I gave the pawns a flip in the creamy butter. I sighed my eyes flickering to the clock seeing that it was quarter to six, my heart drumming sweat collecting on my forehead.

This was not my day I tell you, my hands shook, so nervous. Seith was still not here having me sigh, so stressed out I thought I would faint. Everything was just happening all at once, taking out my phone to see if he had called but nothing. Our guests would be arriving any minute now and Lord I prayed for Seith to get his ass here before I crumbled.

Everything was nearly done, the table already set. My hands went over my black apron, my mind drifting over to if my outfit was good enough. I had changed four times and it seems like I would be dashing for another change not sure if I looked good enough.

We were having a casual dinner yet I wanted to be casual yet still classy, hot and expensive. The free flowing maxi dress was nice; it was casual and classy, I think? Or was it? I sighed ready to pull on my hair only to remember that I had shaved it off. What had I been thinking really? I sighed, pacing around the kitchen only to stop making sure the freshly baked biscuits with cheese were placed right on the platter.

The wine was out, nearly pulling out the whole cellar not sure which wine they would like. I sighed again in frustration.

There was nothing more I wanted than for his friends to like me. He loved his friends and if they didn't like me then what would that say about our relationship. The first time we had met had not gone over well, so bad I did not even want to think about it, embarrassment already burning my cheeks red.

I turned, suddenly thinking if I had done my make up right, wishing Seith could be here to calm me down. The phone was picked up again, my hand on the call button ready to scream his ear off but deciding against it knowing with work and flying over he was trying his best to get here in time yet I could not help but freak out.

How would I tell him about what grandma asked me? How would he react? We were just in a good place and that could just have it all fall apart. I did not want to take a child in only to do more damage with him finding himself damaged by us. Would we be good parents? Would our relationship survive? I sighed again hating how selfish I was. It was so unlike me, always ready to take the responsibility yet this time I don't know. I had just found him, he was all I had and losing him was something I could not bear.

My hand slipped on my shiny bold head, turning to the stove and pouring the prawns from the pan into the glass casserole dish. My eyes flickered back to the clock seeing it strike six, my heart drumming even harder.

All the French doors were opened wide open with soft music playing from the speakers, the breeze sifting in sending the curtains dancing, the stars out with the moon it being a beautiful night. I went through the list, of things I had had to do for this dinner, for the thousandth time making sure everything was set.

The doorbell went off and I nearly fainted, frozen in place watching as Steve opened the door, greeting the person on the other end of the door, cursing Seith over and over again for not being here. My body was shaking, my heart drumming from my throat as I heard the footsteps getting near, swallowing hard as I walked around the island pulling off the apron. With my hands, I smoothed my dress over as it danced around me loving how it fit perfectly at the top. The spaghetti straps held tight, the dress doing a V, showing just a respectable amount of cleavage wanting to seem modest yet with a bit of sexy there.

Never had I been this self-conscious, already having faced the wrath of these people not wanting to embarrass Seith again in front of his friends.

I walked up, seeing the beautiful couple walk up, Steve taking their coats to the coat room. Ian and Sage looked stunning with Ian wearing black designer jeans with a blue golf t-shirt tying it up with white Nike sneakers. A rich person could just wear racks yet you could see that he was moneyed. Sage on the other hand was glowing, her golden hair bouncing all around her, giggling at something Ian said their love evident with the ring large and sparkling on her finger.

I swallowed, that not helping so I did it again giving up as the lump still sat there making my way. Ian's head snapped up only for Sage to look up, her smile even brighter walking out from her husband meeting me half away as I fought to put a smile on my face. Let's not forget how these people dragged me around. Her arms found me as she hugged me, pulling back smiling.

"Hi," She said casually, her smile contagious as I found myself smiling.

"Hi," I said back looking at her face knocked off by her beauty. She was a bit shorter than me with her hair flowing to her waist; so thick and healthy everything about her screaming classy and wealthy. My heart drummed even harder as she stepped back, Ian moving over, our hands shaking it being weird as he pulled up a bouquet of flowers.

"We bought you these. Wow this house is lovely." Ian said politely, handing me the flowers.

"Aahh Ian, it is? I love it. So beautiful."

Sage joined her husband, eyes trailing all around taking everything in.

"Thank you guys," I said back, my nerves seeming to settle down it not seeming as bad as I imagined it yet the night had just began.

"Let me pour you guys some wine and you can explore while I get these out of the pot." I said, turning and walking to the kitchen hearing them following, chatting to themselves about the house, gasping now and again.

"Oohh Ian, this is what I call a kitchen." Sage shot out as I turned smiling. Her husband had grabbed her into his wing. They looked so adorable with the love something for the movies.

"White or red wine?" I asked, their heads snapping to me.

"Red dry wine for us please." Sage said smiling.

I poured the wine in the glasses trying to seem professional with the forty-five degrees angle which was something I saw on TV a few days ago not even sure I was doing it right yet it being too late to just stop it. I looked up at the two half-filled glasses, satisfied closing up the wine as they came taking the glasses.

"Thank you Mel, now where is that minion?" Sage asked.

"He is on the way, he will be here soon." I said hoping he was because I was going to die if he did not get here soon.

I walked off, seeing my sauce just at the consistency I wanted giving the pan a little shake before opening my pasta pot, scooping some up tossing it on the sauce, turning it all around before adding more. They could laugh at me all they wanted but this dinner would be kick ass. I went all out in the one thing I knew well- cooking. I hoped they at least like the food with no one getting a stomach ache. I shook my head just wanting tonight to go perfect.

"Need some help?" Sage asked, my head snapping up not really needing help but what the hell.

"Yeah, can you please assembly a salad?" I said pointing to all the materials she would need.

For now everything was okay, Ian off exploring the house with the food nearly ready yet I had to wait for Seith.

"I wanted to just apologise about that night. We were out of line and I don't even want to imagine the pain and harassment you endured because of us." She said as I bit my lower lip thinking of the night, my face flushing at how embarrassing it had been.

"It's Okay really, and I want to apologise for making such a scene nearly ruining your proposal." I stated meaning every word.

"Aahh, you would have never ruined it love. I am just happy you were there. You are now part of us. I am just excited to know you better. We should definitely go shopping and chilling soon." She said as I laughed.

"I don't think Seith would be giving me his cards anytime soon. Nearly drained him dry last week." I said giggling.

"You drain that bank girl, Ian hides his. I have mine but it is so nice shopping with his." She said.

"I know right," I said back as we both laughed and just as we were laughing the door opened Brandon and Khloé walking in, Steve taking their coats. I turned, walking around the counter meeting them halfway, my confidence having got a boost all thanks to Sage.

"Welcome guys." I said walking up and giving Khloé a hug who was happy to return it followed by Brandon then pulling back only for Khloé to hold up her own bouquet of flowers, smiling.

"Thank you guys, you did not have to." I mentioned.

"After that night I wanted to buy you a car I swear. So sorry. We were so rude." Khloé, Brandon's wife of two years mentioned. His arm was at the arch of her back as they leaned on each other just the perfect couple. Khloé was tall and skinny, the pumps she wore making her even taller yet still not the height of her husband.

"It's all in the past, wine?" I asked turning and mentioning for the kitchen.

"Yes please, it smells so good here and the house looks stunning. Girl you make me jealous." She said patting my bare shoulder as I giggled this not bad at all, who knew.

"You are too kind."

I poured the glasses.

"Have some biscuits," I said seeing Sage already having her mouth full with them, laughing.

"Sorry, could not help myself." She said taking another.

"Have all you want but of course save some space for the food." I said taking one myself and biting into it liking the sound as it broke. It was delicious suddenly so hungry having have skipped lunch with the nerves having me not able to even eat.

I checked on the oysters finding them just about right.

"Where is Ian?"

"He is just past that wall on the living room I think." I said to Brandon who took a whole plate of the biscuits and wine, kissing his wife before leaving.

Soon everyone had arrived except Seith of course. Joshua and Bethany arrived just after Brandon and Khloé. It was a full house filled with laughter especially from the kitchen. I stood leaning against the counter with a glass in hand, the girls dishing out the most embarrassing stories they had on Seith, serves him right for being late.

I laughed as we all high fived followed by the cling of glasses as we all took gulps trying to stifle the laughs. Everyone was nice and friendly. The past was forgotten, me taken into the gang telling me this and that, my calendar for next week already full with the girls making plans to places I would never dare enter on my own but their looks had told me that there was no backing out.

Apparently all of them had went to varsity together with Sage the last to join the group just two years ago when she and Ian got serious. It was really amazing how they all loved each other. It was true friendship which I now belonged. The girls taking me in never to be left out.

The door opened, my eyes shooting to it, my heart skipping a beat totally masking my face narrowing my eyes at him with the glass in hand. His eyes were quick to find me as he made a guilty face saying something to Steve before walking up closer. I stood where I was wanting nothing more than to jump on his arms having missed him so badly.

I thought of his words in the morning my mask threatening to crack as I stared at him thinking of how bad he himself had been. I bit my inner cheek trying so hard not to blush or smile. He stalked up closer.

"Hi guys," He said to the ladies yet his eyes holding mine not moving, making it hard to not smile, biting hard with my heart frantic and my arms itching to wrap around him.

"Hi Seith,"

"Hi,"

"Hey."

They all replied, smiles on their faces watching us not budging from where they stood all around the kitchen watching with excitement making me nearly blush on that they were watching, it getting harder and harder to maintain my mad at him mask.

"Hey," He said, his voice having me scream in my head practically going wild inside.

I did not reply, watching him, his hand slipped around my waist getting closer, his touch sending me burning nearly groaning.

Fuck I missed him like hell.

"I got your wings." He tried again, dangling the paper bag in front of my eyes as I raised a brow at him. He was not going to buy me with those wings that I could not wait to dig my teeth in but I would eat them before bed because I was not sharing them with anyone.

He sighed, looking so cute, my face cracking which was weird as I was half smiling half serious face.

He placed the paper bag on the counter, the other arm slipping around my waist, his eyes holding mine.

"I am sorry." He simply said, so lowly my heart had a stroke and heart attack at the same time. I bit my lower lip smiling so widely at this point, a smirk spreading across his face making me blush, him looking so hot.

He pulled me in, my hands going around his neck, my eyes closing while taking in his scent and my heart settling. The hug lasted for just a few seconds as he pulled away, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Go take a shower, I pulled out your clothes." I said looking into his eyes.

"Okay love, smells so good." He said giving me another kiss on the lips before pulling away, already missing his arms around me as I watched him dash away, his scent left behind as I blushed shying away, my eyes to the floor with my smile so wide it could light up the whole world.

"Aahh guys,"

"I know right, they are so cute." All the girls suddenly squirmed together, jumping around as they rushed to me, all embracing me as I laughed, my heart going crazy not being able to help it.

"Girl, He is so whipped. So cute." Bethany said as they squeezed harder, squirming.

"Guys, I don't know. It's so good I am afraid it's a dream or something." I said as they pulled back, my hands shaking at all these emotions.

"I have never seen him look at anyone the way he looks at you. He is so in love and you, beautiful are so in love." It was Khloé grabbing her wine taking a seep, her eyes on me smiling wide.

"It is real my love so you enjoy, that is your man. Lock and key." Sage said giggling as I took my own glass of wine, my hand shaking, so happy I was sharing this with them.

"Monday we are taking you to Bloom. He will not know what hit him. I wore one of their lingerie for Joshua last week and he could not talk, he could not even breathe, just grabbed me and lord he banged me so good I peed on myself."

We all burst laughing so loud, choking on my wine not being able to help myself as I laughed harder, Sage leaning over me doing a high five laughing so hard we cried.

I couldn't with these girls, not being able to stop laughing finally being able to collect myself staring at Bethany as she took a sip of her wipe giving a sly smile, doing a twirl of her hips as I shook my head with her laughing, raising her glass which we toasted to.

"To good life, handsome rich men and to good damn sex."

"Yes,"

"Amen to that."

"Yes!" We all toasted, taking a sip of our wine.