WORK

I sat at the back of the car, rain heavily pouring on the windscreen, the droplets running down my misty window with the darkness already plaguing the city even though it was five in the evening. The streets were busy even with this cold weather that had me pulling on everything in my wardrobe, probably looked like a homeless person yet I did not give a damn.

The car suddenly stopped in front of a large building, it was tall, so tall I could not see the top, just windows going up and up, craning my neck staring at it. People went in and out of it, umbrellas in hand, a large queue as they tried flicking down taxis to no end. The driver just parked in the busy street, already hearing the other cars hooking as there was already a long queue behind us.

Not to waste people's time I opened the door, sliding out in the road.

"No ma'am." It was the guard objecting as he was still to get out with the umbrella.

I closed the door as he quickly slipped out but it was too late, the rain not playing games, drenching me as I ran off the road into the busy streets past to the door finally finding shelter but even there, there were just too many people I was barely under the shelter.

The guard stood in front of me, umbrella in hand getting drenched as he gave me his scary eyes letting me know he was not happy.

"Sorry," I said, giving him a polite smile.

He huffed, a lot of eyes on us now, people really liked to just jump on other people's business, and it was funny really seeing them watch if what was happening was worth their attention.

The honking was getting louder, the road totally blocked panic having me so guilty.

"Go park the car, I will go ahead." I said looking at the furious drivers cursing towards my guard who seemed to be immune to their words.

He turned without a word, going back to the car, slipping in and driving away, the other cars finally free. A breath escaped me as I turned, passing something that was a struggle as people were just standing there squeezing together waiting for cabs under the veranda of the building.

"Sorry," I kept on saying, pushing through people.

"Watch it!" A girl snapped as I accidentally stepped on her.

"Sorry," I said back, getting a few other remarks till I finally got to the door and walked in the building, bending over to take a breath because I swear it was brutal out there.

Shaking my head I stood straight, eyes on me with people sitting around on the beautiful black couches spread all over the room, the heat nearly making me moan. The floor was tiled. Shiny, marble tiles making the place look like a five star hotel reception. The people all around looked like something from a Wall Street movie, all looking professional and moneyed then there was me with my seats and sneakers. Lord I needed help really. The large sweater drowned me leaving me to seem shape less.

All in all I suddenly realised my mistake. Anyways I walked over to the large front desk where six girls sat all talking to the phone, typing something or flipping through something at the same time and do I have to mention how intimidating they looked, exhaustion written all over their faces.

I walked up to the desk, waiting for one of them to finish with a call but hell seconds turned to minutes and when one finished with one call another got in making it impossible to talk to them. I stood there, their eyes waving over me before they dismissed me continuing with what they were doing. How I would love to have a phone at this point so I could just text Seith and he would come down to get me.

Two minutes turned to five and it was then when one dropped a call turning to me.

"How can I help you?" She said, her eyes totally going through some document.