Chapter 11

The days after Lexa's birthday were extremely busy for both of them, but neither could go a day without seeing the other and always ended their days together. They still never stayed the night officially, but it got later and later when the other would leave.

It just became routine, one they easily settled into, but were reluctant to to acknowledge.

Lexa had been paying attention to the weather when she'd heard there was a possibility of a huge tropical storm and Lexa was praying it would miss them, knowing Clarke's competition was in a few days.

With every new report, it was becoming highly unlikely that the competition would be happening. Lexa hoped when Clarke found out, she wouldn't push her away especially after how they'd been since her birthday.

Lexa couldn't explain exactly what had happened, but she had felt the shift between them and knew Clarke had as well. She was afraid to say anything in case Clarke got scared and wanted to bail. Lexa didn't want to take that chance and would wait for her to take the lead for now.

She was a very patient person.

Plus, Clarke was completely worth it. 

Lexa checked the time and realized she'd been in the locker room longer than she'd anticipated as she had plans to have dinner with Clarke at her house. Supposedly, her roommates were out for the evening and gave them the whole house to themselves.

Lexa planned to take full advantage of that fact.  With both of them so busy, it was hard to find time to be together like they wanted. It was always quickies or oral and Lexa wanted more. She wanted a full night to appreciate all of Clarke and explore every inch of her body. She got a taste of what could be on her birthday and Lexa desired more.

A lot more.

Checking to make sure she had all her stuff, Lexa made her way out to her jeep in order to head to Clarke's. It had only been about twelve hours and she missed her. She still hadn't gotten enough of her especially after being gone an entire month.

She didn't think she'd ever get enough of Clarke.

Pulling up, Lexa made her way inside without knocking. Last time she knocked she was told quite forcefully that she shouldn't bother knocking as she spent more time there than she did at her own place. Lexa wanted to refute it, but stammered and blushed and was laughed at for even attempting to say otherwise.

Looking around the kitchen and living room, she didn't find her favorite blonde, so Lexa made her way to her bedroom. Stepping into the bedroom, Lexa heard the shower running and smiled. She'd rushed over here after practice and hadn't showered as she got caught up in a conversation with her coach and then her thoughts.

Opening the door quietly, she heard Clarke singing "Girls just wanna have fun". Lexa had to clamp her mouth shut to avoid laughing out loud and giving herself away. Quickly, she stripped out of her clothes and was already aroused imagining what was waiting for her in the hot shower.

Steam escaped when Lexa pulled the glass door open and stepped inside. Clarke was standing directly under the showerhead and hadn't heard her, so Lexa leaned back and just appreciated the view. Clarke was massaging shampoo into her hair and the little noises escaping her was turning Lexa on even more than she already was.

Unable to take anymore, Lexa pressed forward, startling Clarke so much that she slipped and if it wasn't for Lexa's fast reflexes would've fallen. Lexa caught her and immediately pressed her into the shower wall where Clarke shivered at the feel of the cold tiles of her back. Lexa wasted no time connecting their lips and bodies, making them both moan in relief.