Whenever he tries to stir things in me, I instinctively pull my defenses up. I always had difficulty taking him seriously.

After I had finished decorating the bulletin board, we went outside to help out more

There were some repairs that needs to be finished before we could call it a day.

The heat is already taking it's toll on me and I could feel the exhaustion.

As always, I kept blocking Forth's affection to avoid any unsolicited teasing from his buddies.

When I decided to give in to stop him from fussing over me, the unexpected happened.

The hammer I have clumsily stashed away fell on Forth's head as I was climbing down the ladder.

My heart jumped and I felt the world ending. Panic arose from me as Forth crumpled to the ground.

As a medical student, I know that a lot of things could go wrong when a skull cracks.

I couldn't explain the fear. I was about to lose my mind. I was on the verge of hysteria at the sight of Forth's bleeding head.

---

I had a talk with the doctor in charge

I had a talk with the doctor in charge. Though he assured me that there is no possible fracture with the amount of blood present, I was skeptical.

I'm not even sure which part of the hammer hit Forth's head so I could not really trust the doctor's assessment given that he wasn't at the scene of the crime.

I went back to the room where Forth was resting and he was already awake. That was a good sign but it was a fifty fifty clearance.

I'm not sure on how I can approach him or if I should. I felt the guilt wallowing in me.

He beckoned to me and we were left alone by his friends.

"I'm so sorry, Forth. It was all my fault.", that was all I could muster.

He just looked at me as if I have done nothing wrong. Like there was nothing to forgive with the incident.

He welcomed me with outstretched arms, always ready to comfort.