Vampire Guardian: Chapter 47.

Chapter 47. 

Everybody Wants to Rule the World - LORDE

As the days went by, so did my confidence between Peter and I. He was in and out, would appear then disappear. Was there for hours, then gone for days.

I was content to see him the way he was. His attitude and mood changed. He changed once Roman died. I'm sure he felt such relief, the pain that followed him like a shadow vanished. I saved his soul. 

Dean Wellings decided to tweak the law a bit. That's what worried me when I wouldn't hear from Peter everyday. I'd get scared that the Nest would go after him. I'd fear that they'd come after me. 

During my time since Roman has been killed, I've been packing boxes from my place. I'm going to move back to my dad's house in the end of the summer.

"Are you and Collin in contact?" I asked Karley as we sat outside of a restaurant. It was June, the sun was scorching and it was beautiful out. She adjusts her sunglasses and shakes her head. 

"We weren't in a relationship or anything. He was basically my friends with benefits type of thing." I nod my head, taking a sip of my iced tea.  "Why? Peter has gone MIA?" She questions and I nod my head once more. 

"I feel like they're off doing crazy stuff."

"Probably." She chuckles at the thought, but I stayed quiet, my chest weighing down in nervousness.

~*~

Collin grabs the vampire by the neck and throws him across the room. He goes crashing into the china, glass shattering below him. 

"This feels amazing!" Collin cheers, waiting for the vampire to run back to him. The vampire throws a punch but doesn't faze him. Collin grits his teeth and forces his hand into his chest. He pulls his heart out while his body slowly turns to ash. 

Collin turns to watch Peter fight a female vampire in the other room. She pins him up against the wall but Peter kicks her leg back. The bone on her shin shatters from the force of his kick. She yelps at the pain and Peter pushes her off him. 

As her leg starts to heal, Peter jumps in action. His fangs lengthen and he grabs her hair. He brings his razor teeth down to her neck and rips out a chunk of her flesh. Eventually he rips his teeth out and grabs her jaw. 

While she screams in defeat, he tugs her head and shoulder apart from each other and decapitates her. Once her head rolls on the floor and her body hits the ground, they vanish into nothing but ash. 

Blood drips down Peter's chin before he wipes it away. Collin slowly approaches him in silence. They look at each other for a second before laughing. The entire house was ruined, furniture broken, the walls covered in blood. The wooden floor caved in at one point when Peter smashed a vampire through the floor boards. 

Once Dean announced the law being changed, Peter asked Collin if he wanted to do him a favor. They went to the rest of Roman's Nest that was hiding and attacked them. Peter was able to destroy his Nest again after a decade. 

The satisfaction he felt while ending their lives and killing all seven of them felt so euphoric. Being a vampire and killing others gave such a feeling, humans wouldn't be able to feel. 

"I wanna do this again." Collin says once they finish laughing. 

"Well, we have one more place to go." Peter sniffles, wiping his blood stained face. 

"I see where you're going with this." 

Peter and Collin drove to the Court right after. There is so much tension coursing through Peter's veins. He wants to end what's been fueling within him.