Vampire Guardian: Chapter 29.

Chapter 29.

You There - Aquilo

I open my eyes when I hear voices surrounding me. Once my eyes adjust Karley, Brad and Collin are staring at me. I try to sit up, however my body is so sore. I stiffen from the movement and I lean back on the couch.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Karley starts, sitting at the edge of the couch. I move my head around realizing that I'm in my living room. I take a deep breath before groaning and bringing my hand to my neck. I feel that my hair has a rough texture. I look down to see dried blood on my shirt and stuck on my hair.

"Oh my god," I start, looking at her with wide eyes. "The school." I grab the couch to get up but Collin places his hand on my shoulder.

"You've been out all night. You need to rest." He says and I try to think what happened. It was a blur but soon it came back to me.

"Roman called me during the class. The vampires broke the windows and students were hurt, some running. I-I tried to get them out." I look up to Collin and he crosses his arms over his chest. "Did anybody die?"

"Three," Collin responds and I think back to the girl being fed off from the vampire. Before he attacked me.

"My dad was there at the scene. No one really understands what happened. Think it was an animal, as alway." Karley adds and I sigh.

"The vampire, Peter killed him." Peter. I look around my surroundings and he is no where to be seen. "Where is Peter?" I ask and Brad gestures at my bedroom.

"He's in your room." I slide my legs off the couch and I move them around to get the blood flowing. With whatever blood I have left in my body. I stand and my vision blurs and start to see backness.

Before I tip over Collin catches me, propping me back up. Brad brings me a glass of water and I drink most of it.

"Let me help you undress so you have rinse off." Karley says to me and I nod. While holding her hand we make it to the bathroom. I start to strip and once I'm in my underwear and bra I tell her I'll be okay. She insisted that she stayed so I don't faint or anything.

I become fully nude and I climb into the shower. I slowly wet my hair, feeling refreshed from the warm water running down my back. Water and blood mixed off my body and down the drain. I grow nauseous at the metallic smell clinging into the humid air around me.

Eventually I finished and I wrap a towel around my body before leaving the shower. Karley turns and looks at me with a smile.

"Better?" She asks and I ring my wet hair out.

"Oh yeah," We make our way through the living room and saw that Collin and Brad weren't home. Karley assumes they went to go get food. When I stand by my bedroom doorway Peter is staring out the window in a daze, his body leaning against the wall and his arms crossed over his chest.

Karley excuses herself and leaves us two alone. I hold the top of my towel, clearing my throat. Peter turns his attention to me and grins. I enter before shutting my bedroom door and pulling out new clothes to dress in from my draws.

"I can step out?" Peter asks and I shake my head.

"It's not like you haven't seen anything." I chuckle to lighten up the mood and he shrugs.

"Touche." I turn my back to him and I start to dress. My body is shaking from being so lightheaded.

"How are you feeling?" He starts and I sigh in return. I turn back when I'm in shorts and a sports bra.

"I'm okay, just feeling a little sick that's all." Peter walks closer to me and brings his clasps his hands with him.

"It will go away once you eat and your body replenishes the cells you've lost." I purse my lips into a thin line and I smile.

"Thank you for saving me."

"Don't have to thank me." Peter whispers before pulling me into a hug. I feel like he's so stiff, that something is wrong.

"Is everything okay?" I ask once we pull away. He brings his eyes down to the ground and sits on the edge of my bed.

"I haven't been honest with you, Scar." I furrow my eyebrows before sitting next to him.

"What happened? Is it with Roman?"

"Not precisely, it's about my life before becoming a vampire. Why I went to Mississippi." My heart starts to race, nervous about what he's going to say.

"You can tell me anything." I softly say to him so he knows that I am trustworthy. Peter looks down at his hands, pausing before speaking.

"My brother, Tommy is still alive. He's in his nineties and he's slowly dying at the hospital. That's why I went to Mississippi because I thought he was going to die but he's holding on." My mouth widens in shock when he pauses. It's accurate though, his real family are still alive and living. He's the only one young and immortal.

I grow sad because I don't even know what he must be going through. He had to leave his family once he was turned at a young age. But he has a brother and most likely nieces and nephews that don't even know about him.

"Do you only have a brother?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I had young sister but she died a couple of years ago." Peter explains and I feel a weight on my chest. He had a big family that he lost to Roman.

"I'm so sorry, Peter." Is all I can say. I feel bad from all of this. He shakes his head and chuckles.

"It's fine, I'm just letting you know because I might have to go back to Mississippi. You'll be coming with me."

"What?"

"I can't leave you alone Scarlet, not anymore. Especially with what happened last night. Collin will watch Karley and Brad and you'll be coming with me." I run my fingers over my hair wondering what the hell am I going to do with classes. "We won't be gone for long. Just a night there that's all." It seems as if he read my mind and answered it for me.

"Okay, I know how important this is for you so I'll do anything."

"I was there for my sister and I'll be here for my brother. I watched them over the years whenever I went back."

"I would too." I say and he turns to look at me. There's pain his eyes and it makes me so sad I feel like I want to cry.

"Thank you." I smile, placing my head on his shoulder.

~~~~~~

I know this chapter is slow but the next one is going to be good!

vote

comment

follow me :)