VII - Pandora's Box

The moment the thoughts of him crossed her mind, it was as if she was able to summon the demon. He just magically appeared in front of her, giving one of the three goons a roundhouse kick, breaking his neck in one try.

The two men immediately pulled out their guns. Still, before they could even shoot, Rune already charged forward to one of them locking his head in his huge muscular arms in a sleeper hold and breaking his neck.

Rune was the strongest in Ares if it was about physical strength. He was a huge guy, his broad, muscular frame demanded attention anywhere he goes. His pecs were full and well defined. As he bent over to pick up one of the dead guys to use him as his shield, his back muscles were visible as he stretched, even from a distance. From his vigorous traps down to the bottom of his lower back, he looked like a bodybuilder from the waist up. For Lazuli, he definitely looked like Chris Evans if you add more muscles.

The last guy tried to shoot Rune with a series of shots, but he was able to defend himself with the dead body of the other goon and countered him a hard punch after the man emptied his gun. He was knocked to the ground, blood splattering. He took one of their gun and shot him dead.

"Sorry for making you wait, darling," Rune smirked at her as Lazuli opened her eyes.

"You're fucking late, Rune," Frost sighed on their line.

***

"Frost she's losing too much blood, what the fuck should I do?" Rune said over his transceiver as he carried Lazuli beside a giant redwood tree. A single drop of sweat trickled down his forehead-a proof that he was panicking even though he was trying his best to hide it.

"You need to close her wound, Rune. Did you bring a first-aid kit?" Frost said over the line calmly.

"Yes, but fuck! I am not a doctor!"

"Send me a photo of her wound now." With a shaking hand's Rune ripped Lazuli's dress to better see her injury.

"You used to rip my dress differently before," Lazuli chuckled, her eyes were close.

"Did you receive them? What should I do?" Rune asked. His calm was gone. Lazuli reached for his hand, and she smiled at him warmly.

"Thank you for coming. I can die now without regrets," Lazuli huffed.

"No one's dying, Tempest. Cauterize her, Rune," Frost ordered as if he was just talking about putting someone to sleep.

"Cauterize her, fucking how?"

If Rune and Lazuli could just see how Frost rubbed his face with both hands as he tried to calm himself, they would look at him bizarrely like Fifth was doing.

"Do you even know what cauterizing is, Rune?"

"Uh...no? What do you mean by that? Is that medical term? Talk to me in American English, dude," Rune laughed nervously as he took the medicine kit out of his bag.

"Cauterizing is burning the skin or flesh of a wound to stop the bleeding or prevent the wound from becoming infected, sir Rune," Fifth explained.

"In other words, Rune, that's not a medical term. Now, clean her wound, get some gun powder on your bullets, and sprinkle it in her wound that will serve as the combustible compound and ignite it. Do it now."

"I'm doing it now! Can't I inject her anaesthesia first?" Rune took out the alcohol and look at Lazuli worriedly.

"No. You two still need to escape after that. Lazuli needs to be alert."