He went to his desk and ordered peon to come in.
"Make an announcement in every class that girls are compulsory to bring pepper spray and are free to use if any boy approaches her in WRONG way or they should come directly to me without any fear." Hooriya looked gawkingly at the principal who now turned to the boy. "It is your last warning, if I heard about you again you will be expelled from here."

"Haww Sir you are great." She squeled happily.

"I appreciate your confidence. I want you to nominate for college representative."

"What?" Hoor immediately shouted but regain her composure.
"Thank you for believing in me Sir but I am sorry for denying you but i can't do this Sir. I won't be able to take this responsibility Sir."

"May I ask you the reason?"

"Sir I won't be able to concentrate on other things which is more important to me than this."

Principal and the peon who was still there disbelievingly looked at her who had her head down. Who would miss this big opportunity that too recommended by the Principal.
"Its okay you can go now."

"Thank you sir and sorry once again"

She ran out of there only to see Zara her college friend.
Zara ran towards her and checked her from top to bottom. But unlike other friends who would be concerned she calmly said "Tum to thik ho matlab samne wale ki shamat ayi hai"

"Ab batao bhi kya kiya hai mai kuch der, late kya hui karname dekho madam ke".

After 20 minutes they both were found in college garden laughing their heads off. As they had missed their first period no one was there to see them.
"But seriouisly Hoor you should have consider that option."
But she just waved her hand nonchalantly.

×××××××

After dinner all the kids were chilling like every other day when Hoor told them what she did in college.

"Are you maaad!!!!" Fajar who exclaimed and pounce over her was caught by her twin brothers as they were sitting on either side of her.

"Whats wrong with you???" Hoor said horrified keeping hand on her heart which Fajar has scared very lady like.

"Whats wrong with her?? Whats wrong with youuu???" Mirha at first pointed at Fajar and then her.

"Seriously Hoor???" Ahmer was still not believing.

"Aaaaaa" Haider who was still in some trance sinking the giving information got startled when Ali nudged him.

Everyone fell into laughter seeing his horrified expression. But his dramatic self was still stubborn to believe that Hoor has rejected such a big opportunity.

"Tumne college representative banne se inkar kar diya!!!"

"Ap log ko to batana hi nhi chahiye tha aisa sadma le rahe hai jaise hmne padhai hi chod di. Or waise bhi hmare paas itna time nhi hai or naa hi itnaaa confidence k school ko represent kare."

"Kya matlab tumme confidence nhi hai?" Azhar asked confused.

"Hmko stage par jane se dar lagta hai. Hmse to seminar bhi nhi diya jata. Aj tak hmne 1 bhi seminar nhi diya kisi ke samne." It was true though she would make one or another excuse everytime during seminar and being a bright student teachers would believe her.
After giving her lecture like some elders everyone then fell in conversation leaving that topic aside.

She looked around to find the pair of beautiful eyes but couldn't see them. She didn't saw Zaydan after morning incident. Ab to unhe hmare zaat se bhi nafrat ho gai hogi. She dejectedly thought.

Just then Zaydan entered with a big box in his hands. It wasn't hard to guess what was in it. Haider and Hamza went to help him and sneaked the box inside without elders noticing it.

"Oye! Ye kya chakkar hai ?" She confusedly asked Mirha.

"Areee tumhe nhi pata. Kal Ammi ka birthday hai unhi k liye surprise hai."

Her lips formed an 'O' shape as she stood there seeing everyone going inside now for the preparation ofcourse.

She saw him coming towards her. Her breath hitched seeing him walking directly at her. He stopped just a foot away from her and bent down to pick his car keys which fell down earlier. Without saying anything he was about to turn when freeze hearing Hoor's voice.

"Khoon!!!" Hoor exclaimed seeing blood on his knuckles and stepped forward to check his injury when he at once took a step back making her freeze at her spot and without looking at him she retreated her hand which she raised to check his injury.

She looked down embarassed. He looked at her who was looking in pain seeing his blood but didn't said anything and went inside.

It was 11.30 at night and Hoor still couldn't sleep. Sure as hell they were preparing for surprise birthday party but she was contemplating wether to go there as an intruder or not. Thinking of the possibilities she was about to doze off when she started remembering her parents how she use to arrange surprise parties for them. She was deep in thoughts but got startled at the sudden opening of the door. Mirha entered inside asking her to come downstairs.
"Mirha ap chale hm abhi ate hai"

Mirha looked at her concentrating on her face who was looking sad all of a sudden. Instead of going back she entered inside.

"Kya baat hai Hooriya."
Hoor looked at her through wet lashes. She waited for a second and plunged on Mirha hugging her tightly and crying hysterically with hiccups.

"Hoor kya hua tum ro kyu rahi ho?"
"Hoor mujhe tension ara hai ab. Batao to sahi hua kya hai. Kisi ne kuch kaha hai kya."

"Ghar ki yaad aarahi hai"
Hoor detached herself from Mirha and cried hysterically.

"Hoor. Hm unki kami to puri nhi kar sakte lekin ye bhi tumhara hi ghar hai." Mirha didn't know what to say to her.

Hoor nodded her head and wiped her face.
"I am sorry pata nhi aj kya ho gaya tha. Ap bhi kya soch rahe hoge hmare bare me. Aunty ka birthday hai or hmne apka mood off kar diya. I am sorry."

"Kaisi baate kar rahi ho Hoor mujhe to bhot khushi hui tumne apne dil ki baat mujhse ki to. Feelings daba kar nhi rakhna chahiye. I am always there for you." Mirha lovingly said like an elder sister which again reminded her of her sister.

"Ap bilkul aapi jaise baat karti hai. Ap jaye 12 bajne wale hai hm bas aa rahe hai fresh ho kar."

×××××××

Just 5 minutes before 12 she was about to enter the lounge when she heard Zaydan's voice.
"Koi zarurat nhi hai Fajar use bar bar bulane jane ki. Mirha abhi bulakar ayi hai. Or waise bhi hmari puri FAMILY yaha present hai. Ana hai to khud se aye warna na aye. Waise bhi har FAMILY function uska attend karna zaruri nhi hai. Tum jao or wo karo jo maine kaha hai tumse."

Fajar's back was towards her so she couldn't see her expression. When Fajar went away he looked straight only to see her in dim hallway. He was first shocked that she heard everything but soon compose himself with expressionless face. Her heavy heart which she just poured out to Mirha again became heavy and with dejected sigh she turned around and walked away to her room.

She can't stay here any longer. He was clearly stating that she is just the intruder. No matter how much they make her feel at home she was just an intruder invading there privacy.
With his words swirling in her mind she called her parents as they were still online. She talked to her parents. Controlling her emotions after listening to her parents voice was very difficult. So she just cut the call after saying that she can't hear them and that there is maybe a network problem.

She looked at beautifully wrapped shawl, Hoor bought it for her mother but on her mother's demand she was on her way to Rukhsar's room as she doesn't have any better gift for Zaydan's mother.

Taking a deep breath she knocked at the door.

Author's note:

What do you think about Zaydan?

And Hooriya?