EXTRA Chapter - Twinkle Star

So many people have asked if I'd write a sequel but I wont. The story is good as it is. There were, however, some requests in my inbox for an extra chapter so I eventually got around to it. Hope that you guys enjoy it and have a nice year,

Kewk

+++

"Pierre, c'est dimanche matin. Qu'est-ce que tu veux...? Ah... Non, l'enregistrement est dans..." I said through the phone. Sigh... they could have found that recording by themselves. Its in the drawer... "Oui, t'as eu beaucoup de temps... Tu dois partir? C'est bien. Salut."

I put my phone into my pocket and started cooking the onion for my breakfast. Work never ends during my weekends. My studio keeps calling me all the time. Do this, do that, ask me this, ask me that. Pierre was the brave one to call me so early in the morning. They had been working all night on a demo piece a new recruit wanted to record. The idea is: if you show potential from the start, no matter if it's in knowledge or passion, you get the job. That's why the studio is so lively all the time; no one says 'no' so easily and we all support each other. I needed a break though; I'm in there almost every day.

Anyways, my stomach is hungry and food is imminent.

I heard a few footsteps coming to the kitchen and, before the little person entered, I turned over my shoulder and smiled. "Good morning, Mickey."

The little boy stood at the doorway, rubbed his eyes with his little fists and gave me a sweet smile, "Good morning."

"You're up early." I said and motioned him to the stool across the kitchen island. "Is your sister awake?"

"Nope." Mickey said. He sniffed the air like a puppy and grinned. "I want eggs."

"Onto it." I smiled, glad that I had only done the onions. "Ready to leave?"

"Yeah..." He said, "But I don't wanna... why can't we stay with you and Aunt Zoë forever?"

I almost break the whole egg into the bowl. If I ever tell Craig about this he's going to kill me... He sort of competes all the time with his friends, trying to show that he's the best dad ever... and he sort of is.

"Do you love your parents Mickey?"

Immediately, I heard his breath stop short at my question. "Yes! Why?"

"Because you stay forever with the people you love." I said with a half-joking tone. "At least, until you go to college, you hear me?"

Mickey, being 6 years old, barely understood. Yet, he got his light personality from his dad so he laughed at his baby ignorance. "I want to be an astronaut... No. I want to be a skydiver!"

"Skydiver? That's crazy-" I started.

"Well," We heard again from the corridor, "Don't mix both. Plus, you're too young to settle on something... but skydiving is fun!"

I felt my body relax and slightly warm up at the sound of her voice. Even after so many years it sounds as womanly as ever. "Good morning, Zoë. Don't be a bad influence on him. "

"Hey, Mickey." She said ruffling his hair whilst I gave him his breakfast. Zoë raised her eyes to the food, grinned slightly and glanced at me. "Good morning, beautiful."

My cheeks couldn't contain the blush, like always, so I stuck my tongue at her. "Eggs?"

Zoë glanced at the skillet, noticing that I made a little more than I had intended. "Sure."

"You should wake up Bailey by the - "

At that exact moment, we heard a loud crash at the end of the corridor. It involved metals and a few other things me and Zoë recognized. That kid probably woke up and made herself comfortable in the music room. It had happened many times before but nothing ever crashed.