Chapter 33

Idk what´s going on with me and these short chapters but oh well, at least I´m developing the story. I know what I´ll work with next. Expect 3-4 chapters on that, my aim is to finish this book before the 45th of 50th chapter cuz I really feel this could go ooon and ooon and on. 

Hope you enjoy this one,

Kewk :3

+++

“I´m glad she´s okay.” Zoë said as she parked her motorcycle in her driveway. (Zoë had been happy to find it back home after the concert. It was as clean and fixed as ever.)

We´d gotten to the hospital and Simone had been taken simply to do some checkups and have some serum been put into her system. Apparently, she´d fainted because she´s barely eaten during the day. She said it was because she was a little anxious about the concert.

In any case, for some reason I don´t believe her at all. I didn´t ask, since to be honest, I don´t really care enough to ask… I am worried but I know other people will be there to take care of her. For example: Heather. She decided to stay for a while longer and wait with Jessica until her mom came to sign the papers.

I don´t know, but this whole Heather-Simone thing was getting a little weird. Heather doesn´t seem like the kind that stays in a hospital for someone she barely knows.

“Simone and Heather know each other.” Zoë said as if she´d read my mind. “Back in France, Heather had talked to me about her. Simone and her twin were her best-friends when little. Heather used to live around here, that´s why she could easily move back.”

Is it me, or do we all have really mysterious connections with each other?

“Interesting right?” Zoë said as she got off her bike, “We´ve all known each other, or known who the other was, or had some connection with the other. I think it´s something like 6 degrees of separation.”

“Yeah…” I said….The only fact that Zoë is talking about this means that she knows I´ve known of Simone beforehand.  “How did you know I knew Simone?”

“I took a guess.” She said as she took my hand, helping me get off. “You only talk to people you know. Talk in the sense that you engage in a conversation.”

I blushed a little at that which made Zoë grin widely. She was right, yeah. The only thing here was that I hadn´t noticed that she´d been watching me. “I know you, remember? But let´s forget about it for now… Are your parents home tonight?”

I frowned as I looked up at my house. All the lights were off, and it was round 12am… Nope, they weren´t home. Usually, even at this hour, the lights would be on. Safety measures, my mom had called them…

“Want to stay over at my house?” Zoë asked in the usual proposal when my house was in this position. The phrases now seemed like a routine. She´d say: My parents won´t mind.

And when she said that, I smiled a little. I guess she´s not the only one who´s noticed a few things.

And I also had my own patterns here.

“Let me get my stuff.” I said, which implied me basically getting a few PJs and underwear. I could use any of her clothes… or just walk home and get some. Not much hassle in this really and that was fine with me.

“Sure,” Zoë said smiling at me after I opened the front door. “Want me to wait?”

I looked back at Zoë and I suddenly remembered how a few weeks ago Zoë had been standing right there, staring at me and a few moments later confessing her love for me. She sang ´Can´t Help Falling in Love´ ….