Chapter 16

This chapter is soooo long! But I guess it's my gift to you my dear followers and readers! I know you'll like this one. :3 

There will be another A/N at the end.

Kewk

===

To be fairly honest I was giving up on the idea of comparing Zoë and Heather. It was a definite now that there was something that pulled on me with Zoë sometimes, but I’d come to the conclusion that with Heather it was simply infatuation. A short lived moment of lust… at least I thought it was lust since what was attractive about her was the looks… and the fact that we’d kissed before made me incredibly nervous.

But obviously, it was maybe it was something different than that now.

She stood at the doorway of the chairs’ storage room leaning against it, arms crossed over her chest and with eyes looking simply as honest as you can think of. It was a surprise even to me that the… sultry aura she had been giving off before was as if in a total shut down. Her stand and posture were the most humble and natural they could be as if saying she’s just another person, someone I shouldn’t be afraid of…

“For the kiss back then.” She said looking somewhere over my head and then at my eyes, “I haven’t been discrete with you so far and I want to start again.”

Heather moved from the doorway and approached me slowly keeping a comfortable distance between us. For a few seconds neither of us moved. I don’t know why SHE didn’t do anything but I was just in a state of complete paralysis. It’s safe to say that I was in shock more about not knowing what to really do at the moment than her apology at something I really wasn’t mad about. I mean, why would I be mad? It’s more like I was bothered… and annoyed… and incredibly disturbed… but not completely in a bad way.

Man… I seriously don’t know what to do with myself anymore. When the heck did this happen?

“Heather Adlington.” She said with an airy tone to her voice and raising her hand to me.

I don’t know what it was. Whether it was her difference in attitude, or the way her delicate hand hung in the air between us, or that attempt to mend things up that made my body shake a little from laughter. I was definitely out of my mind right now, crazy enough to really not care anymore about anything. So I raised my own hand and shook hers in a quick, not yet decisive squeeze.

A smile appeared across her full lips making her sharp jaw-line seem more natural and carefree.

“Good.” She said sighing in relief I guess.

“Y-yeah.” I stuttered out of my mouth with the knot in my throat loosening its hold on me now. “Um… Yeah. Good I guess.”

“Yeah.” She repeated looking down out our held hands and then glancing back up at me with a softly raised eyebrow. “So… I think Zoë might be waiting for you.”

“Oh…” I said remembering about that letting go of her hand. “Yeah… Yeah. I should go then.”

“Yeah go ahead.” Heather said looking back at the entrance of the storage room. “I’ve still got to put my chair away.”

“Ah okay then.” I replied back starting to walk towards the exit with her next to me.

When we were out I looked around the wall and saw how the chair was folded and leaning against it. I kept staring at it for a moment until I realized how it must seem awkward to her that I was standing there doing nothing. The least I wanted to do, for some reason, was to make her feel uncomfortable so I turned back to look at Heather who to my surprise was coming down from the stage with her flute case in hand.