Part 10

Confined in a Fun House you're supposed to search for the exit. Some become less human when lost. The feeling of having a time limit when surrounded by blinding lights and boisterous sounds causes a sense of panic to erupt. Hysterical laughter becomes more common as the end only seems further away. By the time you reach your goal, your smile is wider and heartbeat is faster. It's only fun in a Fun House if you leave something there.

    The car ride to the Hinata household was a quiet one. Shōyō sat staring at his hands in between his knees. He hated the silence. It made everything in his head louder and scarier. Silence meant being still and static and he hated it more than anyone. Instead we was stuck in his own mind; his thoughts racing and interrupting each other.

    After about 20 minutes of hell they had arrived. Shōyō's mother helped Kageyama into the house while Shōyō himself grabbed the luggage from the trunk.

    They had prepared the guest room for him but altered Shōyō's room instead. Their reason being that it was Kageyama's first time in their house and would need help knowing where things were. It was easier if Shōyō could keep and eye on him.

    The room was the cleanest it had ever been. Anything unnecessary was put on shelves or shoved in the closet. They created enough floor space for a futon and space is a dresser for clothes. The rest would go into the the guest room or where needed.

    Hinata's mom spoke up after getting everything into the rooms. "I'm going to pick up Natsu up from her play date! She'll love to meet you Kageyama. She's been excited ever since she heard someone was moving in."

    With a bow, Kageyama thanked her for everything. "I hope it's not too much trouble I'm here Miss Hinata. I'm very thankful for your hospitality. My parents have insisted that they pay you for your troubles."

    "Nonsense! We love it that you're here! We just hope that you can enjoy this and make yourself at home." She started walking away before she turned around and added, "oh and call me Haruhi or mom!"

    With a smile just like Hinata's, she left the two boys alone with their problems.

    Silence again. Hinata thought. He plopped down face first on bed as his restlessness hit him. "Ahhh!" His muffled scream scared his new roommate who was just standing in the doorway too nervous to walk in.

    "Uh... Hinata?" Another muffled scream. "Where is the bathroom?"

    Oh... Oh. The spiker shoots himself from his bed and thuds on the floor. It isn't long before a orange blob is seems that Hinata actually speaks. "Do you need to poop?"

    "Wha-What?" "Do you, need to poop?" "I heard you the first time, dumb-ass." "Then why do you seem surprised?" "Because that's the first thing you said to me since we got into the car." "Oh.. Whoops?"

    They both trail off in their thoughts until Kageyama's stomach gurgles. "Oh right. Bathroom!" While singing his traditional bathroom song, Hinata grabs his friend's hand and drags him to the end of the hallway and points out where the toilet, sink, and shower are. "Do you need help wiping?"

    "Dumb-ass! What the hell? There's nothing wrong with my hand, is there?" "Well no but-" "Then why would I need help wiping?" "So you are pooping?" "HINATA BOKE!" "Fine fine! I'm leaving!"

    He leaves and closes the door then smirks. Right as he opens the door to yell a witty comment at him, Kageyama starts to take off his pants.

    "AH! Shiny!"

     Hinata slammed the door and pressed his back against it. "I'm so sorry Kageyama! I was going to make a poop joke but didn't realize you were going to drop your shorts that fast!" He was filled with a pot luck of emotions: fear, embarrassment... lust?