xii

I sat on the toilet, swinging my legs back and forth patiently waiting for Gareth to finish drying my hair with a fluffy pink towel. My head was full of the memory of him laughing while he brushed my hair previously, seeing my curls bounce right into their spot after he passed my brush through them.

"Your hair is very entertaining princess, I'm still quite flabbergasted you were so insecure about your genetics."

I smiled, genuinely feeling a flutter in my chest hearing him happy with my looks. When he was done I got up, yawning and still not fully awake for the day. "Do you think we can go out to get some coffee today? Ive been craving some caffeine." I say rummaging through my drawers for an acceptable outfit.

"Hm, I didn't know my little baby liked coffee. I feel like it's too bitter for a sweet girl like you." He says, standing in the door way, resting his arms to stretch.

I roll my eyes, pulling out a "cottage core" esc. dress. I press the dress to my chest and give Gareth a glare, a look that reads, "shoo!" He raised his eyebrows in rebuttal and chuckled pushing himself off the door frame, making his way to the center of my room.

"I was just in the bathroom with you while you were in the bath, what makes this any different bunny?"

"I just," I inhale and bite my bottom lip looking down at my hardwood floors I love oh so much. "That was different, will you wait for me downstairs?"

Gareth looked intently at me, challenging my words with silence before he sighed and made his way out the door. I could hear the stairs creaking under his weight as he descended, hearing this made me feel calm.

I took my time putting on my outfit and putting my hair up, i caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realized my roots were growing in. I grumbled under my breath mentally adding hair bleach to my internal To-Get list. Making my way downstairs after grabbing my purse, I see Gareth over the railing.

"Wearing all black I see," I tease, stepping in front of him, bending down to his eye level as he looked down at his phone.

"Yeah." He says simply, moving past me with the sound of his keys jingling in his hand. I'm skeptical about his behavior, but follow him to his car nonetheless, skipping behind him. I notice he doesn't open the door for me and pout, climbing in on my own, snapping my seat belt in. He starts the engine and I immediately start fidgeting with the radio.

Gareth moves my hand away in a swift movement and turns off the radio in a blink of an eye, returning his right hand back on the wheel, his gaze fixated on the road in front of him.

"You know, if you wanted silence you could've just told me right?" I say, a bit annoyed with his sudden shift in attitude from the morning. He doesn't even glance at me in reply.

-

The rest of the ride was as silent as it was from the beginning. Arriving at our destination, Starbucks, I get cheery again thinking about what drink i'll be getting today. Gareth climbs out of the car and I click of my seatbelt awaiting him to open the door for me. A mistake if i've ever made one, instead of opening the door for me, I see him walking to the establishment without me. I silently grumble and climb out, slamming the door a bit hard out of frustration, later hearing the "beep!" Of the cars alarm being turned on.

I follow after Gareth's direction to find him, another mistake. Seeing him chatting up a woman, a beautiful one to be exact, one who could rock red lipstick with sophistication. I hear her laugh that perfectly goes with her looks as well as Gareth's chuckle accompanying it. I happily walk up to them, happy to see that Gareth's mood has looked up.

"Hey! Gareth you left me back there haha!" I say making my way to his side, i can almost see his smile falter upon my arrival.

The woman stops and analyzes my outfit before smiling sweetly. "Oh! Gareth who's this? A little sister Ive never heard about?" She says, her cheeks flushing. "Oh dear, I absolutely love this dress on you." I smile in return and look up for Gareth's response.

"Oh, this is Ethan's daughter, Monday. I'm just babysitting her for the weekend." He says unamused. He then turns to me and hands me a five. "Go on ahead and get yourself something while I talk for a bit, will ya'?"

I can feel the warmth of anger growing in my core, seeing the way he dismissed me so quickly. I push the money back into his hand and manage to smile sweetly at him. "No, I have my own form of payment." I then turn to the woman he's with and smile at her as well, dismissing myself into the establishment.

Upon going through the doors my fake smile immediately fell, emotions mixing in my core between sad and angry.

I make my way to the line, my want for anything already gone. 'I'll just ask for a water.' I think to myself. I get to the counter and sigh a bit before pushing forward a small smile.

"Woah! Monday was a coincidence, what're you doing here?" I hear a familiar voice say.

I laugh and shake my head, "Well Sigley, i'm obviously here to get a drink of sorts, or at least i hope."

"Gross, don't call me by my last name, it reminds me of every single teacher i've had, now what can I make you?" He says scrunching his nose, cute.

"Sigley sounds classy, I like it." I say laughing under my words. "Well, i was just gonna ask for a water to be honest."

He shakes his head in disappointment, "tsk tsk tsk, Monday you're such an interesting specimen, and without an interesting drink? That won't do, wait for me in the dining room and i'll bring you a cool drink, okay?" He says with a wink, i oblige with a nod and sit at a small table.

After a while Kale pulls the chair out from in-front of me and sits in it, setting a cute drink in front of me. He rests his elbows on the table and then his chin in his palms with a smug smile. "Pink drink with vanilla cold foam with three scoops of matcha in the foam, try it." He says eagerly looking at me.

I grab the plastic cup and take a sip, foam sticking to my top lip and I sip away. "Sigley, this is like, really good!" I say surprised, getting a full-blown laugh in return. "You think i'd bring you a bad drink!" He says sitting back in his chair and lightly hitting the table with his fist. "I'm glad you like it Monday."

We talk about meaningless things and chuckle a bit. I slowly finish my drink in its entirety and forget about the situation that's tugging on my heart strings and tear ducts. But that being so I then feel an arm grasp around my wrist and pull me up from the chair abruptly, startling me and others in the store. "Gareth!" I say breathlessly pulling my arm back and rubbing it. Kale sprung into action and stood in front of me, making himself a shield between me and Gareth. "Do you know this man Monday?"

I put my hand on his shoulder and nod, raising my eyebrows at Gareth. "Whats gotten into you? Are you okay?" I ask, worried about the way he's acting.

"We're going home Monday." He growls, grasping my wrist again. I tug on his grasp but somehow can't get out of it, the more i struggle the harder, the firmer his grasp gets.

"Hey! Who are you to tell Monday what to do?" Kale says urgently, grabbing Gareth's shoulder with a firm look on his face.

Gareth scoffs in a mocking manner, taking his other hand to push Kale back a few steps before pulling on my arm, bringing me to the car.

I squirm in his grasp until he lets me go at the arrival of his car. "What the fuck is wrong with you dude!" I say, my voice projecting through the parking lot.

"Get in the car. You're getting punished when we get home." He says in a monotone voice, actually opening the door for me to climb in.