i

"What the fuck Lena!" I screamed through the phone while I stood outside. My ride clearly never coming to retrieve me.

"Calm down Monday. No wonder no one likes you, I'm just skipping with James, no big deal."

"No big deal? No big deal? Really? Because now I have to take my lousy penny board to get to school, now good day!"

"But Monda-"

"I said good day!"

I ran my fingers through my recently died hair before running to my garage and grabbing my pastel penny board. Throwing my backpack over my shoulder I kicked off to start my journey to school.

I'll probably be late, yay.

I continued to kick and glide until I was only 4 blocks away.

My concentration was ruined when I heard a car approach from behind me and honk. My penny board sliding from underneath me as I landed straight on my ass, great.

I turned my head and saw a familiar Jeep wrangler waiting behind me. The door opened and my dads best friend came out, his name was Gareth.

"Monday are you okay?" he asked grabbing me by the arm and pulling me up to my feet.

"Im fine, your stupid horny car is the problem in this situation." I said fixing my shirt and looking up to his glaring eyes.

"Dont say that word." he said through his teeth.

"What word?"

"Horny." he said, his nose scrunching up.

I stayed quiet and looked into his eyes which softened after a while.

"Get in the car, I'll drive you to school."

He opened the door for me and I sat down comfortably in the passengers seat he leaned over and grabbed the seatbelt, clicking it in for me.

"Thank you Gareth." I said smiling and he smiled back.

I felt genuinely happy.