"I-is that a g-good thing?" And again with the stammering. Jesus Christ. You wanted to slap yourself, like every other day.

"I think it is. Don't you?" He asked with the same dead look. "I-I mean I-if she's h-happier than of course." A nervous smile appeared on your face.

Kai smiled underneath the mask. "What about you?" You suddenly asked out of the blue. "What about me?" The male said with a slighter, up tempo voice.

"Yes you. Who else has a black mask on that is next to me." You smirked, giving him a taste of his own medicine. The males eyebrows lifted above. Before coming down to it's cold state again, Kai chuckled.

"Touché." He looked your way saying this. "I meant that, why are you always wearing white gloves. And a mask for that matter." You said.

Quickly realizing you shouldn't have done so. The tall male that loomed over your figure inhaled a swift sharp breath.

Maybe I should've never asked. You regretted those foul words. "Number one I'm germaphobic. Most of all it keeps me safe." He said quietly, voice dripping down.

"Safe? In what way?" It's times like these where you wish your mouth would just shut up. "This society. These quirks. The cruel world itself. If I took them off in front of everyone, you wouldn't understand." He stopped himself from speaking further words.

You looked down at your hands. Why? Because in a way, he understood you. Felt you.

This world is cruel. It only sees the powerful as heroes, and the weak as villains. The corrupted as the devil's , the strong as the angels.

"Actually. I do understand how you feel." You swallowed a good amount of saliva for that courage.

"You, do?" He asked putting the last utensil to dry. "Yeah." You shrugged.

Right now you were both facing each other. Kai leaning on the counter, with oddly dry gloves. You, by the sink staring at him.

"My quirk isn't what you call ideal. It always stopped me from being a hero, my first dumb dream. So, I was done faking about everything. I gave up." You said sadly.

Footsteps made their way in front of you. "Let me guess. Your quirk has something to do with a scientific acid? Chemical?" He asked.

You lifted your head up with a surprised face. "How did you..." "Wild guess. Most quirks dealing with chemicals and deadly things of some sort are rather dangerous. Quite amazing nonetheless. Others are so simple, yet, can blow you away. A super punch or electronic hands are called for saving. But yet again, an acid form gets called out on damage." He said.

Those words were true. Terrifyingly accurate.

"You're right. I never thought of it that way." You titled your head to look away, but a gloved hand on your chin moved your head and made you look up.

"I am right. Aren't I?" Your sparkling e/c eyes met with sunlit golden yellow ones once more. His breath able mask took in your beautiful scent at how close your bodies were.

You didn't know where to place your hands. Everything else was blocked out. All that you saw was Kai.

Kai was bold. His white hand on your chin, and other rested by him. The brown hair flew over his forehead naturally, like a perfume ad.

Just one more move and who knows what could've happened. Could've.

Eri walked into the kitchen.

"Is the cake done yet?" She asked with a tiny voice. Kai quickly let go with an unnoticed smile that played underneath his mask.

You also backed away with tinted cheeks and trembling eyes. I really hope Eri doesn't bring that up. You dusted off your clothes and walked up to Eri.