Wrapping an arm around her waist, Lucious spoke first. "Baby, we've gotta talk."

Holding a hand up, Cookie nodded. "I know," she murmured, defeatedly. "I need to be honest with you."

He arched an eyebrow, concerned with the hesitance in her tone. "What is it, baby?" The softness of his voice made her feel even more guilty. "What?" he repeated, linking their hands together. He gave her a gentle squeeze of encouragement. "Talk to me." Why did he have to be so sweet?

Fidgeting with her wedding ring, she stared at the keys on the piano. "After I saw you with Treasure..."

Lucious' face hardened. He should've thrown that bitch on the floor the second she climbed onto his lap. 'That's what I get for being friendly', he thought, disdainfully.

"I wanted to hurt you so badly that I..." she swallowed the lump in her throat when his probing gaze refused to shift from her face. She couldn't get the words out without choking.

Lucious read between the lines and shot up to his feet. "Did you cheat on me?"

"No!" she shouted, immediately, turning around to watch his pace up and down, his fists clenching and unclenching. "But I went to." Her head dropped in shame. "I wanted to." She whispered. When he went to storm out of the room, Cookie jumped to her feet and grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry!" she cried out.

"You don't love me." He snapped, yanking his hand away from her. His eyes glossing over.

Tears ran down her cheeks. "I do!" she yelled back. "I couldn't go through with it because I love you!" Cookie cupped Lucious' forcing his furious hazel eyes to glare into hers. "Even though I thought you'd cheated on me with that...little girl," she spat, not wanting to call Treasure out of her name after the heartfelt conversation they had earlier. "I couldn't cheat. Please understand," she begged, stroking the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I can't." He pulled her hands away from his face. "I've been good to you. I gave up my Empire, my legacy..." Cookie's eyes rolled skyward as her hands dropped from his cheeks.

"Oh, here we go," Cookie drawled. "Go on, Mr. Self Righteous Lyon, go on your usual tangent about how you did everything by yourself and that I helped with nothing because I was having a nice little vacation in Connecticut." She hissed with a dry laugh.

"Oh, and here you go with your 'I did seventeen years for this family, Lucious, so get on your knees and kiss my feet'!" He shouted back. Cookie threw her hands up and loudly sucked her teeth.

"Screw you!"

"No, who did you go to screw?" he questioned, stalking toward her. "Huh? Who were you ready to fuck up our marriage...our family for?!"

"Damon Cross!" she yelled. Her eyes gleamed with satisfaction when her husband stopped running his mouth and paused. "He said to me, 'I'm not gonna chase you Cookie'." Cookie mocked Damon's deep, annoyingly overconfident voice with rolling eyes. "I thought, 'The hell does he think I am?' and then that night when I saw you with Treasure, I thought, 'what the hell? I keep chasing after you like Boo Boo the Fool so why don't I go and chase the man genuinely interested in me'."

One moment she's ranting, and the next Lucious' hand is around her throat, squeezing tight enough to show Cookie just how furious he is as his gaze burned red. Cookie arched an eyebrow, challenging him. He had some fucking audacity. She sucked her teeth and wrapped her hand around his wrist.

"Genuinely interested?" Lucious seethed. "I fucking married you, Cookie. I love you! What more do you want?" He snapped. His hot breath fanning her face. "I've been good to you, and in return, you think I'd cheat on you? You didn't want to stick to hear my explanation? Just assumed the worst and went to fuck to some bum nigga in retaliation."